Backstage news and notes from WWE Raw in Greenville, South Carolina...
- WWE is going full speed ahead with the Ryback heel turn as was evident with the video package and subsequent angle on this week's WWE Raw. It's what he has pushed for and complained about for months and he is finally getting what he wants.
- We're told everyone was very pleased with how Brock Lesnar came off in his attack on 3MB. The feeling was it was "close to perfect" and Brock looked like a a monster, even selling he was going to hit Heath Slater a third time and not doing it.
- Vince McMahon booked Kofi Kingston over Antonio Cesaro for the WWE United States Championship, wanting another title change on the show to keep the momentum from last week. Kofi is obviously out of the company doghouse although Cesaro seems to inadvertently have stepped in. Some have pointed to CM Punk wearing the Cesaro shirt at the Wrestlemania Press Conference and the backstage whispers about him being left off the pay-per-view lineup. Obviously none of this is Cesaro's fault, but it is how Vince reacted. With that being said, Cesaro vs. Kofi on this week's show received high marks backstage.
- Both writers and producers are expecting big things from Undertaker & Team Hell No vs. The Shield and Fandango next week in London. One observer commented, they will be over huge in Europe.
- The feeling from the people I spoke with is that Brock Lesnar must go over Triple H at Extreme Rules.