– Ryback had a breakdown in his match against Antonio Cesaro as he was supposed to take the match home after the power bomb. This explains the second “meat hook clothesline.”
– Vince McMahon was said to be pleased with the aggressiveness shown by Jack Swagger in his repackaged gimmick. The feeling is this is what Swagger was missing and there was talk of dumping the singlet in favor of more non-traditional ring gear.
– We’re told Daniel Bryan was looked at by medical staff backstage after Mark Henry tossed him into the barricade. Some saw it as reckless and Mark isn’t exactly the most-liked guy right now with his “main event or nothing” attitude. However, no one said anything to him about it backstage.
– We noted earlier that WWE expected Randy Orton to win the WWE Active poll as CM Punk’s opponent. When he lost in favor of Chris Jericho, we’re told it accentuated his disconnect with the audience.
– Some were joking that if The Miz even remotely potatoed Brock Lesnar, Brock would have just killed him. Many laughed when Lesnar chucked the chair at him. As my source put it, no matter what Miz does in the business he’s always going to have the “you didn’t pay your dues” stigma.
– It looks like WWE is going the direction we reported, putting The Shield against John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus at Elimination Chamber. The only question seems to be whether or not it will be in the Chamber structure itself or just a traditional 6-man tag team match.