Backstage news from WWE Payback…
- While Rob Van Dam returning to WWE had been heavily rumored (and covered here at WNW), we’re told it was a surprise to most backstage at the pay-per-view.
- The feeling was CM Punk looked less beaten up and very fresh although we’re told some officials noticed some in-ring rust.
- The Miz was praised for his work in the Intercontinental Championship match with many feeling it was some of his best in-ring work in awhile.
- Seth Rollins and AJ Lee were both checked out for concussions after their respective bouts. Rollins was shaken up off a suplex from Randy Orton and AJ on a spear from Kaitlyn.
- We’re told WWE had to get approval from the NHL and the Chicago Blackhawks for CM Punk’s ring gear. Punk wanted a shirt to feature his team but there were too many legalities.
- Ryback’s arm was hurting following his 3 Stages of Hell Match against John Cena.