Backstage news from WWE Raw in Cleveland…
- The talk coming out of this week’s Monday Night Raw was that Shawn Michaels would be returning to television soon to take part in the Daniel Bryan program. What I don’t understand is if they were finally going to pull the trigger on bringing Shawn (who is under WWE contract, by the way) back to TV, why did he shave?
- We’re told Vince McMahon was very pleased with the in-ring work of Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns. The match was seen as Reigns’ best in-ring work of his young career, while the stellar work of Bryan obviously took no one by surprise.
- Vince McMahon is high up on The Wyatt Family promos and “loves” the mic work of Bray Wyatt. However, the feeling is there needs to be some advancement in them. The hard part is finding a “happy medium” with the rocket packs being strapped to The Shield from day one.
- One match under consideration for WWE Battleground next month is The Shield vs. The Rhodes Family. The problem is that many backstage are not a fan of Dusty Rhodes in the ring at his age. Our source says if Vince gets his way, that’s exactly what will happen but many believe it should be Dolph Ziggler that gets the nod.
- There is apparently little to no interest in bringing Mickie James back to WWE. She is currently a free agent that is still in negotiations with TNA Wrestling.