– As I briefly mentioned on Tuesday here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com Premium, this week’s WWE Raw was chaos before Jerry Lawler had a heart attack at the announce table. Around an hour before Raw went live on the USA Network, Vince McMahon tossed the whole script for the show with the exception of the promo involving CM Punk, John Cena and Bret Hart. This promo was originally booked at 9 PM. The new script, which was the final draft, was not finished when the show started.
– Both Vince McMahon and Triple H thought the matches for WWE Night of Champions were not built correctly and decided to change them on the fly. Thirty-minutes into the show, Punk didn’t know if his match was going to happen at the end of the show or at the 9 PM hour. Had the tag match happened at the end of Raw, the original script was to have Cena chase Punk around the ring after Punk walked out on the tag match to end the show. However, Vince said he didn’t want to make Punk “look like a scared b*tch,” according to one observer, so the plan was changed.
– In one of the drafts, Heath Slater was booked to put over Zack Ryder but Triple H changed it.
– Several Night of Champions matches were either changed or scrapped completely.
– The skit between Sheamus and David Otunga was not well-received by anyone other than Hunter and Sheamus.
– Finally, I’m told even before the unfortunate and unforeseen health emergency involving Jerry Lawler, this show was doomed. I heard several people were talking about how disorganized things were and that they had not seen a Raw like this ever.