Backstage news & notes from WWE Raw in Phoenix…
- We’re told Dolph Ziggler is in the WWE doghouse. He was put under to Antonio Cesaro in a match taped for WWE Superstars and it’s rumored that he recently got into it with Randy Orton.
- Paul Heyman got “major props” backstage for what was described as one of the best in-ring action promo angles ever on this week’s Monday Night Raw. When he got to the back, Triple H put him over and called his work “magic.”
- The plan as of this week is for a new Paul Heyman guy to “save him” at Night of Champions next month. We’re told this is the current course of storyline progression.
- Do not be surprised if WWE straps Rob Van Dam at the pay-per-view next month. He’s expected to get a huge pop in Detroit and if WWE wants a title change for a few weeks or even a transition to Damien Sandow, this could be the opportunity.
- Seth Rollins is officially out of the doghouse. Randy Orton told a producer on Monday night that he enjoys working with The Shield.