The WWE Payback lineup underwent significant changes and additions on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw. With only three matches advertised for the June 16th pay-per-view prior to the show airing, the card was expected to be filled out. However, even more changes became needed when it was learned that Fandango suffered a concussion at last week’s Smackdown taping in Long Island, New York.
Here is a look at the changes and additions to the lineup:
- It was announced by Paul Heyman that Curtis Axel will replace Fandango and will join The Miz in challenging Wade Barrett for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
As for the additions, the following matches were officially announced on the broadcast:
- Daniel Bryan will team with Randy Orton to challenge Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns for the WWE Tag Team Championship.
- Kane will face Dean Ambrose for the WWE United States Championship
- Dolph Ziggler, who returned to WWE television for the first time since suffering a concussion at the May 7th Smackdown taping, will defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Alberto Del Rio.
- AJ Lee, after being revealed as the person behind Kaitlyn’s “secret admirer,” will challenge for the WWE Divas Championship.
The following matches were advertised for WWE Payback prior to this week’s Monday Night Raw:
- WWE Champion John Cena vs. Ryback in a “Three Stages of Hell” Match for the title
- Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
- Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow in a Pre-Show Match
WWE Payback 2013 will take place Sunday, June 16, 2013 from the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. We’ll have exclusive live play-by-play coverage here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.