Daniel Bryan Comments On 18-Second Wrestlemania Loss; Says He Had Informal Talks With TNA After 2010 WWE Firing

Arda Ocal has a new article online over on The Baltimore Sun featuring quotes from Daniel Bryan. Below are the highlights:

18-second loss at Wrestlemania XXVIII:

“I actually thought the people might enjoy [the quick match],” Bryan said in an interview Thursday. “It was something really different, [to start WrestleMania like that]. The whole situation is very unusual. I’m just happy that the people have gotten behind me. It’s really incredible.”

Firing from WWE in 2010 after debuting with The Nexus:

“I honestly at the time wasn’t worried about it,” Bryan said. “It was a huge moment on WWE programming. Then they fire me for being what was reported on the internet for not being PG. As far as independent bookings go, there is nothing that can make me more marketable than that. [WWE] apologized and said they had sponsors they had to deal with and whatnot. And I said don’t worry about me, I’m probably going to make more money this year than I did the last year when I was on NXT. I had people from Japan calling me, I had TNA people talking to me, not directly, but through other people. It was just a fascinating time for me in my career.”

Click here to read the article in its entirety.

Connect With WNW

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn!

  • Monty

    YES