Other than the WWE Intercontinental Championship changing hands, there were plenty of noteworthy tidbits coming out of Saturday's WWE Raw taping in Washington, D.C.:
- John Cena announced himself as the first entrant for the 30-man Royal Rumble match at the pay-per-view next year.
- Randy Orton returned from a shoulder injury as we reported he was advertised at this link.
- Washington Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III was in attendance at the show and acknowledged on-camera.
- WWE will return to Washington, D.C. on April 1, 2013 for the go home to Wrestlemania episode of Raw. The Rock is being advertised for the show as a presale is set to begin on January 24, 2013.
- World Heavyweight Champion Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio is set to headline next week's Smackdown.