Below are full taping results for tonight’s episode of Impact Wrestling written by Wrestling News World Orlando correspondent Scott Brooks:
Impact Wrestling (Airing tonight on Spike TV):
* Bobby Roode, sporting a new haircut, came to the ring. He said despite a new look, the champion is still the same. He says that he is still the leader of the selfish generation. He told everyone that he would defeat James Storm in front of his friends and family. He commends Storm but says that he was still the better man and says he has beaten all the heroes. Mr. Anderson’s music hits and he comes to the ring. He says he will take Roode’s title and he doesn’t need a beer bottle to get the job done. Roode says while he was sitting at home, he has been the most dominant champion in this company. He says there is a lot more people in line before him so get back in line. Jeff Hardy’s music hits and he comes to the ring. Hardy says Angle is out of his way and says he should come for Bobby. Anderson says he was here first. Hardy says it is his turn. Anderson says please don’t male him do to Hardy what he will do to Roode. Referees come and get in-between Hardy and Anderson. Hogan comes on the screen. He says he wants Roode and all the champions in the ring tonight. Hogan says Anderson and Hardy are in a match tonight with Rob Van Dam as well to determine who will face Roode at Sacrifice.
* Crimson & Bully Ray defeated Austin Aries & Matt Morgan. Aries was setting up Ray for the Brainbuster, but Ray reversed it into a roll-up with the tights for the pin.
* Garett Bischoff, AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam and Mr. Anderson come to the ring. He says that they fought a hell of a fight, mentioning Aries who as well, and got rid of his dad once and for all. AJ says he speaks for us all and says that Garett has some balls. He says thank you, Garett. Ric Flair’s music hits and he comes to the stage. He says Garett is so nervous he’s stumbling over his words. He then says all of the talent is in that ring because of Eric Bischoff. He calls Garett a punk and he is making everyone associated with him look like punks. He says next week he is having a party for Eric Bischoff to pay tribute to him and says all four of them better find something else to do next week because they are not invited.
* Kurt Angle defeated AJ Styles with a roll-up. Christopher Daniels and Kazarian came down to the ring and got in both AJ and Angle’s faces at times. AJ had the match won the. Daniels hopped on the apron and showed AJ some paper, which AJ grabbed and read and Angle rolled him up while he was distracted. AJ showed some concern after and Angle said he had nothing to do with it as AJ walked to the back.
* All the champions come to the ring for the meeting (except Eric Young and ODB). Hulk Hogan then comes out and takes a mic. He says change is in the air and says starting next week there will be a special episode next week as once a month there will be “Open Fight night” saying that once a month an unknown wrestler will come in and challenge random people on the roster and he will have a panel of 3 judges and if those judges and Hogan like what they see, the person will get an Impact Wrestling contract. He said if a member of the roster gets called out on Open Fight Night, they have to come out and fight no matter what. He says the champions need to be ready to step up. Hogan says he will decide if the people defend their titles or not. Hogan addresses all the champions individually. He tells Devon that starting now the TV champion will defend his title every week.
* In an 8 woman tag, Tara, Miss Tessmacher, Mickie James & Velvet Sky defeated Madison Rayne, Gail Kim, Sarita & Rosita when Tessmacher pinned Gail. Gail was going to pin Tessmacher with her feet on the ropes when Velvet stopped her and Tessmacher rolled up Gail after.
* In a TV Title Match, Devon retained over Gunner with a Spinebuster.
* James Storm came out for a promo and said he’d like to say something to his family friends and fans in the audience. He apologizes to them because he feels like he let everyone down. He said he wasn’t just trying to cause Roode pain for his family or his friends that Roode disrespected, but he was trying to hurt him. When he saw the paramedics attending to him, he was satisfied but then he had questions running through his head. When he got home, he tucked his daughter and his daughter asked where the title was and he had to tell her that he did not win it. He did not want to be someone who let people down. He said Roode may have won the match but he did not beat Storm. Storm beat himself. For 15 years he has wrestled through it all because of the people that would be here chanting his name. This is what he loves to do. He wants to thank his Dad who is sitting up in Heaven and is still proud of him. Roode says that he said something to him about his love for this, and Storm drops the mic and walks to the back.
* In a #1 contender’s Triple Threat Match, Rob Van Dam defeated Jeff Hardy & Mr. Anderson to win the #1 contendership for Bobby Roode at Sacrifice after pinning Hardy with a backslide.