TNA taped tonight’s episode of Impact Wrestling from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Full results are below:
Impact Wrestling (Airing tonight on Spike TV):
* Brandon Jacobs came to the ring and got a microphone and talked about his his man James Storm came out on top. Jacobs said he likes to drink beer as well and it was great to celebrate the win with Storm. He said Bully should have known better than to spit in his face. He wants to let Bully know he is here in his backyard one more time. He calls Bully out. Bully Ray’s music hits and he tells “Brenda” to settle down. He says maybe they got off on the wrong foot. He introduces himself and points out his calves. Ray says he and Jacobs have a lot in common. They are both champions. Jacobs is a 2-time champion, Ray is a 23-time champion. Jacobs plays for New York, and Ray is from New York. Crowd chants for Brandon Jacobs and Ray questions why they like him. Ray says he would love to come down to the ring and beat the crap out of a Superbowl Champion but he’s not going to waste his time on someone who got 59 yards in the Superbowl so he’s going to stay right there. Jacobs says that if he wants to stay there, then he will come to him and chases Ray backstage.
* Bobby Roode comes to the ring in a suit and grabs a microphone. He said it is a great day to be the TNA Champion because today he gets to clear the air after last week’s beat down of Sting. Sting said on Twitter that he is done and that he quit. Crowd chants for Sting. He said the crowd will get to say their goodbyes as he is here tonight, but enough about Sting, let’s talk about him. He wants to talk about his accomplishments, such as becoming the fans’ world heavyweight champion. To him, ending Sting’s career was not only the highest accomplishment of his career but his life. Harley Race, Lex Luger, Vader, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair could not get it done but “the IT factor” Bobby Roode got it done. In closing, when Sting comes out to sat his goodbyes, he wants Sting to remember one thing: don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. Roode’s music hits and he goes to the back.
* In a Tag Team Title Match, Samoa Joe & Magnus retained over Matt Morgan & Crimson. Crimson accidentally laid out Morgan again which set up Joe and Magnus to hit the enzugiri-snapmare-elbow drop combo for the win. Crimson walked out on Morgan after.
* Zema Ion defeated Alex Shelley. The referee nearly got hit when Shelley went for Sliced Bread #2 and when the ref was distracted, Zema sprayed hairspray in Shelley’s face, then hit Hostile Makeover followed by Bible Black. Austin Aries came and sat at ringside to watch the match, while eating popcorn and drinking wine.
* In a non-title match, Gail Kim defeated ODB w/Eric Young via Eat Defeat. During the match, Madison Rayne came out to the ring to cheer Gail on. After Gail won, Madison came in to celebrate with her, but Gail did not want to.
* In a TV Title Match, AJ Styles defeated Robbie E w/Robbie T via DQ. AJ was about to go for the flying forearm when Kazarian and Christopher Daniels showed up and Kazarian pulled AJ off the apron, causing the DQ.
* Sting comes to the ring and says there is too much to handle and that is why he is done. Bobby Roode’s music hits and he comes to the ring and grabs a mic. Roode wants to apologize for coming out to interrupt, but he could not help himself. He felt like he had to stand beside Sting as Sting tells the world that he is done. Sting says that Roosevelt did not win any war or battle and as a matter of fact, he helped Sting out. Sting pulls some facepaint out and puts it on his face. Sting says Roode woke him up and he feels so alive. He says no more mister nice guy. He is going to put on his boots, his tights, his warpaint and guess what he is going to do at Victory Road? Sting says he will kick the living crap out of him. Roode goes to kick Sting low, but Sting catches Roode’s foot. He then puts Roode’s foot down before Sting kicks him low himself. Sting gets a mic and says that Roode needs to follow the yellow brick road to Victory Road and ta ta for now then throws the mic at Roode’s crotch.
* James Storm & Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle & Bully Ray in a No DQ match. After the intros, Storm said he knows someone who has unfinished business with Ray and introduces Brandon Jacobs, who stays in Hardy’s and Storm’s corner. During the match, a table was setup in the ring. Brandon Jacobs entered the ring when Bully Ray got the upperhand. Jacobs ended up chokeslamming Ray through the table. Jacobs got a mic and said to Ray, like how Storm says, sorry about your damn luck. Storm and Jacobs then raise each other’s hands.