WWE taped this week’s Smackdown from the Baton Rouge River Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Below are full results:
WWE Smackdown (Airing tonight on SyFy)
* Sheamus opens the show with a promo about his upcoming match against Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship at No Way Out. David Otunga interrupts and shows a replay of Sheamus running into John Laurinaitis on the stage last week. He then demands that Sheamus apologize for his actions. Del Rio interrupts and Otunga gives him the power to choose Sheamus’ opponent tonight. Sheamus hits Otunga with the Brogue Kick and Del Rio runs away to end the segment.
* Sin Cara b. Heath Slater. Sin Cara was wearing new red & white gear.
* Damien Sandow b. Ezekiel Jackson. Sandow cut a promo before the match about how he was not going to compete, but Jackson grabbed him and tossed him into the ring.
* Backstage, Dolph Ziggler tells Alberto Del Rio to let him be Sheamus’ opponent tonight, and Del Rio obliges.
* Ryback b. two local jobbers with a double fisherman buster.
* Sheamus b. Dolph Ziggler. Vickie Guerrero introduced Ziggler before the match. Jack Swagger attempted to interfere on Ziggler’s behalf during the match, but it failed.
* Backstage, Matt Striker interviews CM Punk about his upcoming WWE Championship defense tonight.
* Santino Marella & Zack Ryder b. Titus O’Neil & Darren Young. Santino won with a roll-up. Big Show attacked Santino and Ryder after the match. Santino was thrown into the WWE sign on the stage and Ryder was slammed onto the ring steps.
* Daniel Bryan & AJ meet backstage and he tells her that CM Punk is using her.
* Cody Rhodes b. Tyson Kidd. Christian was on commentary for this match.
* CM Punk vs. Kane for the WWE Championship ended in disqualification when Daniel Bryan interfered. AJ was ringside wearing Punk’s merchandise. Kane hit a chokeslam on Punk and Kane before John Laurinaitis came out. Laurinaitis announced that the WWE Championship match at No Way Out will be a Triple Threat match between CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Kane.