Goldberg Says He'd Agree To A Wrestlemania Match Against Brock Lesnar

Jim Ross wrote on Twitter that Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 29 would be "miraculous" but "highly unlikely." Goldberg responded to the Tweet by saying, "......I'd do it"

It didn't take long to get speculation going crazy before Goldberg wrote the following:

1. Ryan 6 January, 2012 at 14:18 Reply

After last time I really hope it doesn’t happen! Build up to the match was good. But the match itself was dogshit

2. Dave L 6 January, 2012 at 15:29 Reply

I just watched their last match today, Sad that the rumors of Lesnar going back to the NFL and It being Goldbergs last match destroyed what could have been a classic match, Stonecold got the most pops during the entire event. If the two did decide to Re-sign with the WWE for a long term a match at wrestlemania to "redeem" themselves would be worth it!

3. Kyle 6 January, 2012 at 15:42 Reply

Someone is forgetting how bad his first match with Brock was. I actually don't care if Goldberg ever comes back to the WWE. Goldberg in WCW was magic in a bottle, but that magic was released and can never been gotten back.

4. Chris_Storm 6 January, 2012 at 16:33 Reply

Great! Just great! Take another payday away from some guys who really deserve it and have a heart for the business just to be a black mark on an otherwise good card (assuming the card is a good one). I have no desire to watch those two "mail it in" again, and won't order the show if they are on it together.

5. alvaro 6 January, 2012 at 17:52 Reply

who in the world is goldberg? I remember a guy named gilberg but was a joke of a wrestler. Cant be that one. I didnt watch wcw as i dont watch tna now.

6. ken 6 January, 2012 at 19:07 Reply

I'd rather watch an Ironman Match featuring Hornswoggle vs Kermit the Frog. I'd rather listen to Michael Cole sing a duet with Justin Beiber. I'd rather watch an entire WrestleMania in Spanish. Wait; I did that already. And it was WrestleMania XX.
    My point is… Goldberg vs Lesnar part 2 = HELL NO!

7. Dave Barton 6 January, 2012 at 21:09 Reply

Their first match had great build, but before the match even started the fans knew both were leaving & decided that they were going to sh*t all over it, regardless. And having Austin stun both after the match only gave the idea that neither man was that important to begin with.

But more importantly, regardless of whether their first match was 1-star or 5-stars, I really think most of today’s WWE fans barely know who Bill Goldberg is & just wouldn’t care. Brock Lesnar would undoubtedly be a big draw, but not against Goldberg.

8. Jamie 7 January, 2012 at 04:45 Reply

The highlight reel for the last match was more enjoyable than the match itself…
    Why would Goldberg vs Lesnar 2 be any different?

9. rkoturner11 7 January, 2012 at 12:55 Reply

I think their first match was great. The build up was spectacular and it was a classic big strong man match. A test of strength the whole time because they were so equal it was very interesting and entertaining.

10. Jeremy 7 January, 2012 at 13:36 Reply

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar again at WrestleMania would be great if it was book right, the mistake last time at WMXX was because of Stone Cold been in the match as a special guest referee. So instead of the crowd focusing on Goldberg and Lesnar, they actually focus more on Stone Cold though for a second WrestleMania match, I rather have him wrestle Triple H, Kane, or maybe the Undertaker at WrestleMania instead.

• Alex 7 January, 2012 at 15:00 Reply

Are you kidding? Austin was the only reason that match wasn't completely forgotten by the world. Goldberg vs Brock was a worse wrestlemania match than Cole/Lawler, Hart/McMahon, or even Undertaker/Giant Gonzales. Go to youtube and watch that match again. I mean really watch it and tell us again its the greatest WM match of all time. Build don't mean anything if the end result turns out to be terrible. Just look at Orton/HHH at WM 25, that was an awesome build up but I think most people would agree that the actual match turned out to be the worse World Title Main Event at Mania ever.

11. nWo 4 Life 7 January, 2012 at 19:38 Reply

Goldberg vs lesnar part two…
    wat abt miz vs cena again, i luv my nancy Boys wrestling Again…. Ahhh miss the good old days of brute force, crazyness and plots…

12. Mike 9 January, 2012 at 17:22 Reply

If Goldberg was going to face anyone it shouldn’t be leaner cause leaner is a terrible washed up NFL player and went to the UFC and cried like a girl every match xcept one. In reality goldberg should face Orton “the legend killer” since Goldberg IS a legend. But if I had a choice it would be against the New and Improved Kane.