Is there any specific route to take if I want to apply to WWE as a creative writer?
I actually cannot remember a time where WWE was not looking to hire a new Creative Writer. The job listing is posted at this link. The following requirements are expected to get hired:
- BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or equivalent
- Minimum of three to five years writing and production experience in network television
- Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus
- Writing and directing reality television a plus
- Experience in all aspects of live TV production a plus
- Highly creative (a prolific idea generator)
- Plugged into pop culture and trends
- Able to work closely and effectively with talent, writers, and producers throughout the creative process
- Strong understanding of WWE's audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus
- Must live in New York City/Stamford, CT area or be willing to relocate there
- Knowledge of WWE shows, talent, and storylines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Flexible travel schedule (extensive travel required)
Rey Mysterio's character is completely stale even for a babyface. I would love to see Mysterio turn heel. What are your thoughts?
Rey Mysterio's character has almost been as untouchable as that of John Cena because the fact he is a character that can be marketed towards children. Mysterio masks sell very well to the company's younger audience and that is one of the reasons for teaming him with Sin Cara. The team of Mysterio and Cara gives them two kid-friendly masked characters to market towards children.
Can you give any reason for Mark Henry being absent this long. I know he suffered an injury a while back, but hasn't he recuperated fully by now? Also, do you know of any plans they might have for him upon his return? (heel or face)
Mark Henry underwent shoulder surgery last summer and has been recuperating from it. I don't know the specifics but Henry has said he is the healthiest he has been in years yet has cautioned in his recovery he wasn't "out of the woods yet." Mark has done WWE promotional work during his time off and even spent time in London at the Olympics. Recently, Henry was in the news for serving as a pallbearer at the funeral of Michael Clarke Duncan. I haven't heard new plans for his return, however, his contract is coming up and WWE was looking to re-sign him. So far, the two sides haven't reached a new agreement. We have more on Henry's contract negotiations at this link.
With Sting's latest comments about wanting "one cool thing" with The Undertaker, what will it take for Vince McMahon to realize that this match could possibly be the BIGGEST draw in company history until that point and get a possible small contract done? I personally think Sting could possible draw more in a 6-month span than Lesnar will do for the 1-year span and they gave Lesnar a huge payday!
This isn't on WWE or Vince McMahon, they've tried to sign Sting, including getting very close a couple years ago for Wrestlemania XXVII, however, it was Sting that chose to remain loyal to TNA and Dixie Carter. Given the success of Wrestlemania XXVIII with The Rock and SummerSlam with Brock Lesnar, Vince is very high up on part-time talent but the window is closing on a WWE dream match for Sting. With that being said, Sting is under TNA contract and even if he chose to explore his options, there is currently a hiring freeze of TNA talent to WWE because of ongoing litigation.
Remember questions with proper spelling and grammar have the best chance of being answered. The next installment of Ask WNW will run on Tuesday, October 16, 2012.
Check out the Ask WNW archive at this link.
Submit questions to: [email protected]!