TNA taped this week’s edition of Impact Wrestling and part of next week’s show tonight from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Thanks to Wrestling News World Orlando correspondent Scott Brooks for providing us with the following results:
Impact Wrestling (Airing Thursday on Spike TV):
* The show opens with Bobby Roode coming to the ring. Roode says it’s so loud in here from people chanting his name “Rooooode” and asks Hemme to reintroduce him. He says he is still the champ after defeated 3 guys at the same time and says how sweet it was for him to look at Sting when he raised his hand. He says for months, Sting has tried to screw him and is pointing the finger at Roode while Sting should be pointing at himself since he is the man who helped Roode retain. Crowd chants “We want Sting” and Sting enters. Sting says that he was the selfish one as he let his anger affect the outcome of the match and caused Hardy to get screwed again. Sting says he’s here to make it right and says he is glad Roode is a fighting champion because tonight he will defend the title against Jeff Hardy with no time limit and no DQ. He goes to walk to the back when he says that he’s glad Roode has his gear on because the match starts right after the break.
* In a No DQ and No Time Limit Match, Bobby Roode defeated Jeff Hardy go to retain the TNA Championship. Roode and Hardy fought to the stage and Hardy threw Roode from the stage to the floor. Hardy dove off the ramp and clotheslined Roode on the floor. He dragged Roode back to the ring and set him up for a Swanton when Kurt Angle came out and shoved Hardy on the ropes. Roode then hit the spear for the victory.
* In a Number 1 Contender’s Match for the TNA Championship James Storm defeated Bully Ray. Ray went after Storm’s left foot, including taking Storm’s left boot off. Storm managed to fire back and win with a Last Call superkick. Storm celebrated via drinking beer. Ray attacked him after until New York Giants RB Brandon Jacobs showed up and got in Ray’s face. Ray spat beer in his face, and the Jacobs shoved Ray down. Storm, Simon Diamond, Al Snow and D’Lo Brown separated the two. Jacobs and Storm got in the ring as Ray left and Jacobs raised Storm’s hand.
* They actually re-taped the finish to the world title match by having Jeff Hardy and Bobby Roode fight to ringside only for Kurt Angle to throw Hardy into the steps then in the ring before Roode speared him.
* In a tag team match, Austin Aries & Zema Ion defeated Shannon Moore & Alex Shelley when Aries went to hit a brainbuster on Shelley after Ion made a blind tag, Shelley got out of the brainbuster and Ion rolled up Shelley with the tights for the victory. Aries and Ion got in each other’s faces, and Shelley shoved Ion as well before the referee separated them.
* Madison Rayne got on the mic before the Battle Royal to say How generous of a champion Gail Kim is to give all of the women in the ring a shot to become theI #1 contender.
* In a 10 woman over the top rope battle royal, Madison Rayne won last eliminating Velvet Sky. Velvet eliminated both Sarita last and it seemed like she won until Madison, who was sitting with Gail Kim at ringside went in the ring and threw Velvet out last. Gail Kim did not appear happy about it.
Order of elimination:
2) Miss Tessmacher
4) Mickie James
7) Angelina Love
9) Velvet Sky
* Sting’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring. Sting says that he needs to speak with Bobby Roode. He is glad to announce the Match of the Year for Impact Wrestling, it will be Bobby Roode defending the title against James Storm. Roode then kicks Sting low. Roode then takes Sting’s glasses puts them on and then hits Sting with the title before putting the glasses back on him.
* Eric Bischoff, Gunner, Ric Flair and a woman in a red dress came to the ring. Eric said that Gunner and Flair helped end a chapter in Garett’s life for wanting to follow in Eric’s footsteps and requests that they have cigars and some champagne while Eric wants to say 1 final thing about his son. Eric says that Garett is probably sitting in a hotel room somewhere watching this but says he tried to tell Garett that it was a waste of time to follow in Eric’s footsteps considering that while they are related, Garett is just not Eric. He tells Garett that he can do whatever he wants but to not think about stepping into his business ever again.
Impact Wrestling (Airing February 23, 2012 on Spike TV):
* In a segment for next week’s show Brandon Jacobs came to the ring and got a microphone and talked about his his man James Storm came out on top. Jacobs said he likes to drink beer as well and it was great to celebrate the win with Storm. He said Bully should have known better than to spit in his face. He wants to let Bully know he is here in his backyard one more time. He calls Bully out. Bully Ray’s music hits and he tells “Brenda” to settle down. He says maybe they got off on the wrong foot. He introduces himself and points out his calves. Ray says he and Jacobs have a lot in common. They are both champions. Jacobs is a 2-time champion, Ray is a 23-time champion. Jacobs plays for New York, and Ray is from New York. Crowd chants for Brandon Jacobs and Ray questions why they like him. Ray says he would love to come down to the ring and beat the crap out of a Superbowl Champion but he’s not going to waste his time on someone who got 59 yards in the Superbowl so he’s going to stay right there. Jacobs says that if he wants to stay there, then he will come to him and chases Ray backstage.
* They tape the main event of next week’s show which is James Storm & Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle & Bully Ray in a No DQ match. After the intros, Storm said he knows someone who has unfinished business with Ray and introduces Brandon Jacobs, who stays in Hardy’s and Storm’s corner. During the match, a table was setup in the ring. Brandon Jacobs entered the ring when Bully Ray got the upperhand. Jacobs ended up chokeslamming Ray through the table. Jacobs got a mic and said to Ray, like how Storm says, sorry about your damn luck. Storm and Jacobs then raise each other’s hands.