Below are full Impact Wrestling taping results for tonight’s show written by Wrestling News World Orlando correspondent Scott Brooks:
Impact Wrestling (Airing tonight on Spike TV):
* In a Steel Cage Match, Mickie James defeated Madison Rayne with the Mickie-DT. Gail Kim entered with Madison but went to the back.
* TNA Champion Champion Bobby Roode came to the ring in a suit. He says after his dominant and one sided affair, he has become the most dominant world champion in the history of the company and says he is simply the greatest. He says people keep getting lined up and he keeps knocking them down, like James Storm, AJ Styles, and Jeff Hardy. He gives credit to Hardy to the way he has turned his life around and says it almost brings a tear to his eye…almost. Crowd chants “we want Jeff” and Roode says he wants Jeff too and calls Hardy out to accept his defeat and shake the hand of the world champion. Sting’s music hits and he comes to the ring. Sting comes out and says that he is the boss. Sting calls out Roode for his method of retaining the title and says tonight he will defend the title against Jeff Hardy.
* In a non-title match, Matt Morgan & Crimson defeated TV Champion Robbie E & Robbie T when Morgan and Crimson hit a double chokeslam on Robbie E. After the match, Samoa Joe & Magnus attacked and beat up Morgan and Crimson, including hitting their enzugiri/elbow drop combo on Morgan.
* Eric Bischoff came to the ring to talk about Garett Bischoff. He says Garett thinks he is now a wrestler, which Eric says is not so. Eric compares his dreams to Van Halen and Slash, saying how they had dreams and they make you think you can do that too, much like how Eric has done successfully. Eric says in his path of success, he has scorched the Earth behind him. Eric tells him to give up his dreams. Garett comes out, Garett tells him that just because Eric burned all of his bridges, it doesn’t mean Garett will. Garett is proud to be here and learn from the best like Sting/Storm/AJ/Hardy. Garett mentioned as well that he has a new trainer. He then grabbed Eric by his shirt and pushed him to the corner before letting go and leaving.
* ODB w/Eric Young defeated Winter w/Angelina Love via TKO. There was some involvement from EY and Angelina, including an airplane spin by EY on Angelina.
* AJ Styles comes to the ring and calls out Kazarian to the ring. Kazarian comes out and takes a mic. AJ says out of everyone, he did not expect Kazarian to turn on him. He asks Kazarian why. Kazarian says he can’t tell him why. Christopher Daniels comes out saying he can. He says as the new face of Impact Wrestling, allow him to solve the mystery. He says Frankie sees AJ for what he is: a lost cause. Ever since Daniels beat AJ, he has seen AJ lose match after match. Kazarian stops Daniels from speaking and goes to the back. Daniels turns to him and AJ throws his mic at Daniels neck. AJ attacks him, but Kazarian comes back and pulls Daniels from the ring and they go to the back.
* James Storm comes out in his ring gear. He said that things are getting sketchy around here and he said that if he has a problem he will say it to their face and he calls out Kurt Angle. Angle comes out and takes a mic. He goes to speak but Storm knocks the mic out of his hands. Storm calls out Angle for taking the low road, but he would not expect any less. He is what Storm’s daughter would call a cheater. He says Angle can claim that Storm did not beat him twice in a row, but the record books say Storm beat him for the world title in record time. Storm says to Angle how about setting another record by taking the fastest superkick ever that Angle will swallow his teeth and poop them out. Angle says he is not in his ring gear and that he would not give a rematch anyway. Angle says he is onto bigger and better things and that is the World Championship. Sting comes out and addresses the Bobby Roode/Jeff Hardy match and says if Roode cheats, the title will change hands. Sting says that Angle and Storm will wrestle and the winner faces the winner of Roode and Hardy. Angle says he is not prepared to wrestle. Sting says too bad, because the match is happening right after this commercial break. Angle runs to the back.
* In a number one contender’s match, James Storm defeated Kurt Angle via a chestblower/Superkick combination. The bell rang before Angle got in the ring and the ref went to count out Angle. Angle ran to the ring still putting on his gear leading to the match being underway. Match went about as long as the pay-per-view match. Angle at one point grabbed Storm’s beer bottle and spat beer in Angle’s face when he was not looking.
* In the TNA Championship match, Bobby Roode and Jeff Hardy went to a no contest when Bully Ray ran out and pulled the referee out of the ring after Hardy hit a Swanton on Roode. No winner was addressed.