Jerry Lawler addressed in the media at a news conference in Memphis, Tennessee Wednesday afternoon to talk about the heart attack he suffered during the September 10th episode of WWE Raw. Below are the highlights:
- Lawler feels his heart attack was hereditary due to the fact his father died of a heart attack and he's lived a healthy lifestyle, never having drank or smoked. He said doctors advised him to clean up his diet and exercise regularly. Lawler confirmed he has no permanent damage.
- Jerry said his next doctor's appointment was in six weeks and he absolutely plans to wrestle again. He said he has received support from Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, who have both called him.
- Jerry said he had some chest pain the weekend before he suffered the heart attack while vacationing in Aruba. He said the pain didn't last for more than 4 or 5 minutes and he wrote it off as indigestion.
- Lawler said he felt fine at Raw during the day of the heart attack and remembers coming out for the show and the opening segment with WWE Champion CM Punk, Bret Hart and John Cena. He doesn't remember anything after that, including his own match.
- He said he is in good health and his blood pressure is the lowest it's been his entire life. Lawler said the CPR he received backstage saved his life and his ribs are sore from the chest compressions.