Mick Foley checked in with his thoughts on CM Punk leaving WWE in a new video posted at this link. Below are the highlights:
- Foley said for Punk the sky should have been the limit and it has not quite been. He agrees there have been decisions made regarding Punk's direction that he doesn't agree with.
- He said he knew Punk was thinking of leaving and was looking forward to leaving at least for awhile. Foley said he told him to take some time off to rest. He said Punk would always tell him that he's not him and once he's done, he's done.
- Foley said when he speaks with Punk [and he will] and if the rumors are true and the plan is for him to face Triple H at Wrestlemania, he'll tell him to look at it as an opportunity to make a bunch of money and an opportunity to give people some of the pipebombs they've been missing. Foley said he could tell some of Punk's promos lately have been lacking and he could tell his heart wasn't in it.
- Mick talked about his experience working with Punk. He said Punk would be given things from the writers that featured derogatory things about his weight. Foley said Punk would crumple them up and throw them in the trash and say he was Mick Foley and if people can't tell you've put on some weight there's a problem there. But Punk told him he wasn't going to draw attention to it.
- Foley said he'd love to see Triple H vs. CM Punk go head-to-head at Wrestlemania and he loves that side of Punk, where he feels he's going to steal every show. He said he wishes Punk would come back.
You can watch Mick's complete reaction in the video embedded below: