New York Post Writer Attempts To Smear Republican Presidential Candidate Because Of WWE Association

The one and only Phil Mushnick has a hilarious editorial in today's New York Post entitled "Rick Santorum's slimy WWE past" and highlights the fact Santorum, who is seeking the Republican nomination for President of the United States, served as a WWE lobbyist in the 1980s while working at a law firm in Pittsburgh and endorsed Linda McMahon for Senate in 2010.

The article then points to the creation of the D-Generation X gimmick that was launched in 1997 and questions how Santorum could run as a family values advocate yet endorse the McMahon family. He also details the "suck it" catch-phrase of D-Generation X.

You can read the piece at this link.

Richard Reacts: Let the record show that I feel Phil Mushnick is a douche that doesn't understand the difference between real-life and entertainment. While I do not by any means support Rick Santorum, this piece is propaganda meant to smear someone because of an association in which business was conducted. So for Mr. Mushnick I got two words for ya...

1. Doc 15 January, 2012 at 13:34 Reply

His personal vendetta against the WWE is really sad. I wonder how he’d feel if people associated him with the phone tapping scandal. The NY Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch and News Corp after all

2. lukey 15 January, 2012 at 13:46 Reply

Lol Richard it 5:40 am here in australia and I read this as I’m about to head for work, that last line on the Richard reacts bit has put me in a good mood to start the day haha

• Luciano 13 March, 2012 at 08:19 Reply

You and Geno over at Cageside have the best coverage in the sport. Sincerely, thank you. I am oinkolg forward to seeing Piper, as any person on Earth should. I hope the WWE creative continues on the streak of good moves and does the right thing here.

3. Kleck 15 January, 2012 at 15:58 Reply

Pretty typical from Mushnick. Pretty typical for these far fetched charges onto any Republican canidate seen as a potential threat. I’ll stop there…but I’m not surprised

4. sforester 15 January, 2012 at 16:04 Reply

And now it's time for the Blitz to react. So basically having anything to do with WWE is political suicide? Don't these people have something better to do with their lives? Mushnick may join the KMA club.. I think we can make an exception to WWE PG for that.

5. spike westphal 15 January, 2012 at 17:32 Reply

is it me or those the united states sente have trouble seeing whats real and whats fake wwe is for entertaning vaules everyting is scripted in the wrestling world the only thing we don't know 90 percent off the time is who gonna win matches

6. Jim 15 January, 2012 at 19:24 Reply

I think I would much rather be associated with the WWE than the freakin NY Post. At least the WWE tells you what they are doing is fake. Unlike the lies that newspapers try to pass as truth on a daily basis just to sell papers.