WWE will hold another set of NXT tapings tonight from the campus of Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL. The main topic in regards to the product is the wheels will be put in motion to crown a new NXT Women’s Champion. The storyline shot earlier this week is that Paige was stripped because she cannot hold both the NXT Women’s Championship and WWE Divas Championship. The storyline was actually leaked on dot com but later deleted. The main roster guest is scheduled to be WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E. Wrestling News World’s Scott Brooks will be in attendance and will have a detailed report on the show’s conclusion.
TNA will go-home to Sacrifice with this week’s episode of Impact Wrestling. The show was taped a couple weeks ago with spoilers here and here. I detailed a non-spoiler preview at this link, noting that advertised matches included Kurt Angle vs. Rockstar Spud, MVP vs. Austin Aries and Beer Money vs. Gunner & Bully Ray. Alex Barie will host our Impact Open Thread featuring streaming live results and your discussion. Make plans to join us beginning at 8:30 PM EDT right here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
Many have wondered how country music star Toby Keith is involved with Jeff and Karen Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling. I filed a new report with more details at this link. This in addition to my report earlier this week, giving the first look at the group’s prospective talent roster.
Is John Cena primed to turn heel? You have questions, I have answers.
– WWE officials are closely monitoring the blowoff to John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt to prevent a double turn. Measures were taken on TV this week and the company will tread carefully through Extreme Rules. We have more at this link.
– Dave Batista seemed to allude to life after WWE in a Twitter rant on Wednesday afternoon. In it, he said he looked forward to the day when he can go back to interacting with people on Twitter without all the negativity. We covered his Tweets at this link.
– Hulk Hogan is scheduled to make his return to Japan with WWE on this summer’s tour of the country. He’s been officially announced for the July 11th show in Tokyo and the July 12th show in Osaka. The company issued an official press release at this link.
– Steve Austin is getting a lot of mainstream media attention for coming out in support of same-sex marriage on a recent episode of The Steve Austin Show podcast. After supporting it, Austin blasted churches that opposed it. We ran excerpts and the full audio at this link.
– Speaking of Hogan, he’s a rumored cast member for “The Expendables 4.”
– The storyline is WWE World Heavyweight Daniel Bryan suffered a “cervical cord neurapraxia” and is off the rest of the week. In reality, he was given time off due to the death of his father. He is scheduled for next week’s Monday Night Raw from St. Louis, MO. The company is also promoting that Stephanie McMahon will “apologize” for Kane’s attack on him. Bryan was yanked from weekend live events as well, so if you’re attending, he’s not scheduled to be there.
– Diamond Dallas Page unloaded on Nancy Grace in a new media interview. He said she set him up, said he wanted to “strangle her,” and said he’d “never do that bitch’s show again.” You can listen to his comments at this link.
– Mike Mondo, f/k/a Mikey from The Spirit Squad, worked a dark match against Bo Dallas at Tuesday’s TV tapings. He “did the honors” to Bo Dallas. Sami Zayn also worked a dark match, going over Heath Slater.
– This week’s Monday Night Raw garnered an average viewing audience of 4,139,333 viewers off hours of 4.224 (1), 4.395 (2) and 4.799 (3). The numbers were down up against the NBA Playoffs.
– The promotional posters for WWE Payback and WWE Money in the Bank are available at this link.
– Christopher Daniels is officially a free agent and can work wherever he wants. We’re told there is interest from Global Force Wrestling into signing the veteran.
– TNA announced a new deal with UTA on Thursday. The deal is for the company to help TNA extend their broadcast reach as well as to expand its licensing programs and slate of live event programming. We have more at this link.
– TNA Wrestling announced a new TV deal with Nuvolari TV in Italy. Click here for more.
If you want more insider news, more questions answered, more analysis and more WNW awesomeness, join WNW Premium. It’s less than $0.20 a day and is worth every penny. We promise!