This Wednesday’s WWE Tribute to the Troops special did an average viewing audience of 2,340,000 viewers on the USA Network. This was down fro the 2,770,000 viewers the show did last year and the 3,010,000 viewers the show did in 2010.
- The Miami Herald reports The Rock will return to WWE Raw on Monday January 7, 2013 in Tampa and to Smackdown on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 in Miami. Click here for their coverage. – The Shield and Big E Langston have been added to upcoming WWE Raw holiday live events. – Randy Orton, on […]
R-Truth is dealing with soreness and stiffness from the gruesome knee injury he suffered at WWE TLC on Sunday. Despite the gory nature of the injury, the latest word is he is expected to be able to return to the ring some time next month. If you missed it (and have a strong stomach), you […]
- According to a report by Bloomberg, THQ owes WWE $45 million as one of their largest unsecured creditors. We first mentioned this in Thursday’s Premium Mailbag. WWE announced Wednesday they will be “actively participating” in THQ’s bankruptcy proceedings. – Former WWE personality Todd Grisham will host Friday Night Fights on ESPN2 beginning January 4, […]
- Rogers has added Spike TV in High Definition on channel 490 so if you live up north, you now have the ability to watch Impact Wrestling in HD. – TNA Knockout Women’s Champion Tara and Jessie Godderz will answer questions from fans via Twitter prior to this week’s Impact Wrestling. Those looking to ask […]
The following article is only available to WrestlingNewsWorld.com Premium Members. Sign-up here to view this article and unlock all our exclusive features. By signing up not only will you unlock all exclusive features but the website is also 100% advertisement free!
Sin Cara Tweeted on Thursday he’s set to undergo a “mini surgery.” The Tweet is below: Thanks for all your support. On my road to the hospital for a mini surgery. See you later guys. — Sin Cara WWEOfficial (@TheSinCaraWWE) December 20, 2012 I can’t confirm what type of surgical procedure he is having but […]
The following is today’s edition of Ask WNW. Ask WNW is the most popular feature on the website where Richard Gray answers four questions daily, Monday through Friday. To submit your question for the next installment of Ask WNW, click here.
- TNA will return with a live episode of Impact Wrestling on Thursday, January 3, 2013. They will also air live shows on January 10 and January 17 with TNA Genesis taking place on Sunday, January 13 from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. The company will then tape on January 18 in Orlando, January 25 […]
- Hulu grew revenue 65% to reach approximately $695 million, the company announced on Monday. The increase is credited to deals with CBS Corporation, WWE and Viacom to include Nickelodeon content. Click here for more. – Philadelphia Phillies manager Charlie Manuel was at Monday’s WWE Raw in the city. – Pat Patterson, who recently booked […]
- WWE Champion CM Punk squared off against WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres in an eating contest. They went toe-to-toe with the Habanero-Wasabi Combos snack. ESPN has the coverage at this link with a video embedded below: [youtube id="5zqA6vRy4yM" width="620" height="360"] – “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase had a double knee replacement on Tuesday […]
- President Barack Obama addresses the WWE Universe in the video embedded below: [youtube id="dWTQp1awISA" width="620" height="360"] – The first trailer for The Rock’s upcoming movie “Pain & Gain” is embedded in the video below: [youtube id="8ZAoEfSFwmA" width="620" height="360"]
Impact Wrestling has been taped already, but the official preview is below: Preview Thursday’s IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV at 8/7c – the return of Championship Thursday with THREE World Title matches! If you can’t watch it on Thursday night, make sure to set your DVR to record it! The road to the January “Genesis” […]
WWE issued the following statement regarding their video game partner, THQ, filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection: STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– WWE (NYS: WWE) is following the developments of THQ’s bankruptcy filing today and proposed sale under Bankruptcy Code Section 363. The Company anticipates actively participating within this proceeding.
- To update an earlier item, the University of Kentucky has signed Sting’s son, Steven Borden, to come and play for the school next fall. He chose the Wildcats over Texas Tech and becomes the first recruiting commitment under coach Mark Stoops. You can read more at the USA Today website at this link. – […]