– We’re told it was “evident to everyone” backstage at this week’s “Old School” WWE Raw that it’s past time to turn Randy Orton. While it’s not likely to happen until after Wrestlemania 29, many officials feel they missed the boat and the crowd no longer cares about him.
– Antonio Cesaro hit his head on the mat towards the beginning of his match with Ryback and couldn’t recover quick enough to help carry the match.
– One idea pitched to help build CM Punk vs. The Undertaker for Wrestlemania 29 was to have Punk face off against former Undertaker Wrestlemania opponents on television leading up to the pay-per-view. Options include Randy Orton, Kane, Mark Henry, Big Show and Kevin Nash. Triple H would not be an option.
– While watching The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler on the monitor backstage, one producer questioned why they didn’t put Ric Flair with Ziggler rather than Miz.
– Finally, the funniest comment of the night came from Triple H backstage as he asked if Undertaker borrowed Kevin Nash’s “Super Shredder” costume. Nash played the role of the genetically enhanced Super Shredder in the 1991 flick “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze.”