Here are the results from last night’s Ring of Honor “Survival of the Fittest 2011” show. These results are courtesy of Mr Bobo at loonybinforum.com.
ROH SoTF ’11 Results
1. SOTF Qualifier #1: Jay & Mark Briscoe def. The Bravados; Post-match Briscoes went crazy on each other headbutting one another.
2. SOTF Qualifier #2: Kyle O’Reilly def. Andy Ridge; Early great leg sequence and Kyle got the tap out win.
3. SOTF Qualifier #3: Eddie Edwards def. Mike Bennett; Edwards made Bennett tap, like to the half-crab
4. SOTF Qualifier #4: Michael Elgin def. Adam Cole, Tommaso Ciampa & Kenny King; Elgin pinned Cole.
5. El Generico fought Steve Corino to a 15 minute DRAW; Corino took 2 Brainbusters and fought like a man, despite this, Beatty called it a “s****y” match
6. SOTF Qualifier #5: Roderick Strong def. Rhett Titus; Rhett had a visual pinfall late, but Truth distracted Todd Sinclair and allowed Roddy to come back on get the win.
No return date announced, but a pretty big crowd
7. WGTT of Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin def. Davey Richards & Jay Lethal in the “Champion’s Challenge” when Haas made Lethal tap to Haas of Pain!
8. SOTF Finale: Jay Briscoe v. Mark Briscoe v. Kyle O’Reilly v. Eddie Edwards v. Michael Elgin v. Roderick Strong
Lots of big spots early on.
Order of Elimination
a. Eddie Edwards pinned and eliminated Jay Briscoe.
b. Roderick Strong submitted Mark Briscoe.
c. Eddie Edwards eliminated Roderick Strong.
d. Michael Elgin pinned Eddie Edwards after he eliminated Strong.
O’Reilly took a big bump through a table following Eddie’s elimination.
e. Michael Elgin pinned Kyle O’Reilly to win a future ROH World Title shot; described as an “awesome match that went for a long time.”