WWE will air its annual Tribute to the Troops show this Tuesday at 9/8 p.m. CT on USA, with an encore presentation airing on NBC on Dec. 17 at 9/8 p.m. CT. The show was taped yesterday and the results were as follows:
* Santino Marella b. Jinder Mahal. Santino won with the Cobra after Mahal cut a promo in Punjabi.
WWE Tribute To The Troops (Airing Tuesday on USA)
* Lilian Garcia opened the show by singing The Star-Spangled Banner.
* A promo package dedicated to the troops aired.
* Randy Orton b. Wade Barrett by disqualification after David Otunga interfered. Earlier in the match, Barrett had set up a table in the ring, and after Orton hit Otunga with an RKO, he put Otunga through the table.
* Another package dedicated to the troops aired.
* Zack Ryder b. Jack Swagger. Sgt. Slaughter was ringside in support of Ryder, and Dolph Ziggler was ringside in support of Swagger. Slaughter and Ziggler eventually got into a brawl outside the ring, which ended with Slaughter tossing Ziggler over the announce table.
* Booker T walked out to join the commentary team.
* Cody Rhodes vs. Daniel Bryan ended when Booker T interfered, attacking Rhodes. After the attack, Booker did a spin-a-roonie, which got a big pop.
* Mary J. Blige performed, and got a nice ovation from the crowd.
* Maria Menounos, Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox, & Eve b. The Bella Twins, Natalya, & Beth Phoenix. Menounos got the win by surprising Beth with a roll-up.
* Primo & Epico b. Air Boom. Rosa Mendes was ringside to support Primo & Epico in this non-title bout.
* During Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre, Sheamus was relentlessly beating Drew and refused to stop when the referee threatened to disqualify him. Eventually the referee did, and the match appeared to end. However, after they cleared the ring, Sheamus threw Drew back into the ring, hit a Brogue Kick, and pinned Drew to win. It’s unclear at this point which finish will air (or if both will).
* Nickelback performed, closing their set with the Raw theme song.
* Rey Mysterio appeared in a backstage segment. He told the crowd that unfortunately, he isn’t cleared to compete. The Miz and Alberto Del Rio came up to taunt Mysterio, but CM Punk showed up. The Miz and Del Rio asked Punk if he was Mysterio’s friend now, and Punk responded that he just hated Rey less than he hates them. Miz and Del Rio left, and in a nod to their previous feud, Mysterio said “Your hair grew back.” CM Punk asked how Rey’s daughter Aaliyah was doing. Punk then said to tell her he said Happy Birthday. Rey told Punk that Aaliyah still has nightmares over that. Rey was referring to a Smackdown segment in which Punk interrupted Aaliyah’s birthday celebration and sang a very disturbing rendition of Happy Birthday to her.
* George Wallace, a comedian, appeared and did a short comedy routine.
* John Cena, CM Punk & Big Show b. The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, & Mark Henry. Cena got an enormous entrance pop, and also picked up the win for his team.
* The entire WWE roster came out and stood on the stage. Among the roster was Triple H, John Laurinaitis, the reigning Miss USA, and Road Dogg. Cena ended the show with a speech in support of the troops. The roster then walked around ringside and greeted the troops.