TNA Wrestling held another set of Impact tapings on Wednesday night from Soundstage 19 at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Wrestling News World writer Scott Brooks was on hand for the tapings and filed the following report:
Airing on December 26, 2013:
* Rockstar Spud came out and took a mic. He introduced Dixie Carter. She said it has been a great 7 days. Last week yet crowned the greatest world heavyweight champion ever. She said she knows everyone looks up to Magnus but more importantly every wrestler looks up to Magnus. She says Magnus is the top man in Dixieland. She says we have something special planned next week. Jeff Hardy’s music hits and he comes out. Dixie says she is trying to make an announcement and calls him a loser. Hardy said he doesn’t care and says that the creatures saw what Magnus became last week. Rockstar Spud said this is not on the schedule. He says Dixie is the queen and the owner of the company. He said as the chief of staff maybe he will give him time to talk next week. Hardy chokes him and said that it will only take a minute. EC3 came out and knocked Hardy out of the ring. Dixie said she wanted to make an announcement.
Sting came out and cleared the ring. Dixie stayed in the ring. He said he is sick and tired of those punks. He says he has an announcement until he gets what he wants, and also what the fans want, and that is for him to kick the crap out of EC3. He then brings up that Spud wanted to be a wrestler and mentions making a tag match. She said this is her time and she doesn’t care what he wants. Sting says she should care what they want and that’s for the tag match to happen. Dixie says it won’t happen. She said that she wouldn’t mind seeing those two get shut up and makes the match official. Dixie’s music played and she yelled for it to get cut off so she could make her announcement and it wouldn’t.
She said she wanted to make an announcement and before she was interrupted but Gunner’s music hits who comes out with the #1 briefcase (I guess they did feast or fired backstage.) he says what he has to say is just a bit more important. He says he wants to cash in his briefcase and get his world title shot. Dixie denies it. She said Magnus is across the the pond celebrating and he will have to take a raincheck. Gunner says do him a favor. Whether it is this week or next week he will cash it in. Dixie shoos him off. She tries to talk again until James Storm comes out. He says that Gunner owes him. Gunner says no. Storm brought up Gunner’s involvement with his Roode match at Turning Point. Gunner says as a friend he did that for him for his future. Storm said he may have beaten up in that bar fight. He questions how Roode knew he was there in the place. Storm said he wants a match with him right here right now for that briefcase. Dixie says they will fight now for this world title briefcase and that is what Gunner gets for interrupting her. Now she is no longer ready to tell everyone what she wanted to tell her until later tonight.
* James Storm and Gunner went to a double countout.
Before the main event tag, Dixie came on the screen and said next week we would have the coronation of Magnus. She also said this would be a handicap match and said the tag team champions Bromans will be in it.
* In a handicap match EC3, Spud, and the Bromans w/Zema Ion defeated Sting and Jeff Hardy via roll up with the tights by EC3 on Sting.
* Post match Sting and Hardy stayed in the ring and Hardy took a mic. He said he is sorry for last week and tonight. Hardy said he has been asked before why he wanted to get into the business and said it was because of Sting. He said without him there never would have been a Jeff Hardy. He said Dixie has driven him crazy it’s taken the heart out of him and he needs his heart. He destroyed himself last week and he didn’t win. He said Dixie does not own him. Hardy said he is sick of the politics. Sting stopped him to not tell him what he thinks he is going to say. Hardy said he wants to stay and fight but the fight is all gone. He said this was his last match in TNA. He said he will leave and not return until the sun Hines on this dark kingdom. He hugs Sting and leaves.
Airing on January 2, 2014:
* Gail Kim and Lei’d Tapa. Gail said it is a brand new year which makes it a brand new open challenge. Gail said she hoped for new competition after a dominant year. Madison Rayne answered.
* Madison Rayne defeated Gail Kim w/Lei’d Tapa via roll up.
* Kurt Angle came to the ring and took a mic. He said 2013 was the worst year of his career between Aces & 8′s and his personal issues. He declined the Hall Of Fame to prove to the fans that he can earn it back again as a world class athlete. People call him a cyborg but in 2013 he was not that. He wants to explain his fans for 2014. Bobby Roode’s music hits. Roode asks if we are about to witness what he thinks we are about to witness. He asks if he came out to say that he was going to walk away just like Jeff Hardy last week. He asks if he has realized that he just doesn’t have what it takes anymore.
He says if he is do him a favor and stand here and tell him that the It Factor is better than him. Angle says he is not leaving. He said he is going to kick ass in 2014. He challenges Roode to one more match. Roode asks if he is crazy and says no. Roode says he has nothing to prove to the fans or Angle. He has proven he is better already. He has proven that Angle is not HOF worthy. He goes to leave then changes his mind and says maybe he will accept “when” he beats Angle again he leaves and never accepts a HOF induction at TNA. Angle says the match will take place at Genesis. He says he also has a stipulation: A Steel Cage Match. Roode says he is on. They start to brawl. Refs and Rockstar Spud come to break it up. Angle shoves Spud over. Spud says they will not ruin Dixie’s night. He says both of ten can find a tag partner and they will have a tag match tonight.
Samuel Shaw comes out after Christy Hemme introduces him or a match. He opens the ropes and makes go air down. He put on leather gloves before his match. His gear was a long sleeve grey shirt, and white pants.
* Samuel Shaw squashed Norv Fernum and Norv passed out in a standing side choke.
Backstage they showed Kurt Angle asking Gunner to be his partner. James Storm was walking up and was not thrilled over it and said things were about to get interesting.
As Gunner made his way to the ring JB asked him what if Roode selected Storm as his partner. Gunner said things were about to get interesting.
* In a tag team match, Bobby Roode and James Storm defeated Kurt Angle and Gunner. Gunner had Roode in the Gun Rack until Storm super kicked him. Roode then hit his Death Valley Driver for the win. Angle chased Roode out. Storm placed the briefcase on Gunner.
The coronation of Magnus is up now. They had a couple plants, British Flags, a wreath, and a throne in the ring. EC3 and Rockstar Spud came to the ring first. Spud said it is with great honor that he serves as the spokesman for the entire Carter kingdom. He says tonight history will be made. He says that tonight is more important than the wedding of William the Duke of Cambridge with Catherine. He says that his opportunity to be around Dixie Csrter is something that everyone in the UK only dreams about. He says Dixieland is a place where dreams always come true. He said it isn’t just about Dixie. It is about a man who will change the face of professional wrestling. He would like to present the master of ceremonies, EC3. He takes the mic and says all the power lies with the 1%.
He says he is undefeated and last week he beat Sting cleanly in the middle of the ring. He said what is most important is he is a Carter and the world needs us. The true man of the hour is Magnus. He did more than anything a king could ever do. He became the champion and now rules the world. He said behind every king is a woman. This woman is out queen and his Aunt D. Dixie’s music hits and she comes out. She thanks them for that reception. She says she wants to tell a story. She spoke about a magazine in the UK that had an article on AJ, she turned the page and it had a 6 page article on Magnus that took her breath away. She said he has it all. She asks everyone to stand up and welcome Magnus. He came to the ring in a suit with the title. He sits in the throne with the mic. He says it is time for everyone to listen to him. He thanks EC3 and Spud for their words. Before we get on with his coronation, he has one more person to thank: Dixie Carter. He says she is truly the wind beneath his “massive wings.”
As he stands here the champion, he has mixed emotions. He is honored and humbled. He can’t help but feel that it would probably be Roode, Angle, or Jeff Hardy standing as champion but it is not. It’s him. Everyone doubted him. When people ask him “why did you turn your backs on the fans” the fans turned on him. He said from here on out he will never take a backseat to anyone in this business. He intends to be the World Heavyweight Champion for a very long time. Gunner’s music hits and he gets in the ring with his briefcase. He says tonight his history begins. He says 13 days is not much of a reign. He is pissed off from that super kick and wants to cash in and asks for the bell to be rung. Dixie says no. Gunner lays out Spud and EC3. He then goes after Magnus but the numbers game overwhelms him. Spud and EC3 hold Gunner for Magnus to hit him with the belt.
AJ Styles enters through the crowd with his TNA title. He lays out EC3 and Spud and stares down Magnus. Both pose with their belts. Dixie tells Magnus to get out. AJ takes a mic. He says she wants her property, here it is with him. He says tell her lawyers to stop chasing him all over the world because here he is to be here face to face. He asks if she thinks he will just hand it over. He says if she thinks so she is dumber than she looks. AJ says he don’t come here because he wanted to or made him. He said he screwed these people over when he made their champion a farce. He needed to get back here. He calls Magnus a farce. He doesn’t care if Magnus wears the belt around his shoulder or waist. He is not a champion until he beats “the” world heavyweight champion. Magnus asks if he is challenging him. AJ says he didn’t come out here to play “tickle butt.” He said two belts but there can only be one TNA World Heavyweight Champion. He asks if Magnus is going to listen to this “money mark.”
He said knows Magnus knows in his heart that if he is champion he will have to accept. AJ says the people will doubt he was ever champion anyway. He says if he doesn’t accept, he is going to doubt himself as a world heavyweight champion. AJ says the deal is on the table but if he walks out those doors the offer comes with him. Dixie tells Magnus no. Magnus says that AJ is not better than him, not anymore and never again he says he will prove it 1 on 1 two belts. Dixie says that won’t happen. Magnus says if it doesn’t happen he is done too. He said nobody is going to doubt him or his title reign ever again. Dixie asks if she is going to risk it. She brings up AJ says he doesn’t even have a contract. Magnus says she will give him a one night only contract. Winner takes it all. Dixie says if he loses she will have nothing. Magnus says he is feeling lucky on this gamble. Magnus asks AJ what he thinks. He said yes. The two of them posed and stared each other down from the ramp and the ring.
* Zema Ion defeated Ultimate Tiger (Extreme Tiger from AAA) via roll up with the tights.
* Samoa Joe defeated Kazarian via Muscle Buster.