TNA taped this week’s Impact Wrestling tonight from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Thanks to Wrestling News World Orlando correspondent Scott Brooks for sending in the following results:
Impact Wrestling (Airing Thursday on Spike TV):
* TNA Champion Bobby Roode makes his way to the ring and takes a microphone. He says people within the company have stacked the odds against them and he has come out on top every time. Rob Van Dam was no exception as he lost in the match that he picked. He said that he lived up to his moniker of Mr. PPV, but he is still the IT Factor and he proved all the fans wrong.
He says the MLB had Babe Ruth, the NBA had Michael Jordan, the NHL had Wayne Gretzky and he is wrestling’s equivalent of all of them and encourages the fans to chant his name. He says in one month, this company celebrates ten years, but before that, we have to celebrate him being the longest reigning world heavyweight champion in the history of the company. He says he is going to throw the biggest party in the history of the business and he calls it the IT Factor’s Celebration of Domination. In order for it to go down, he needs to confirm it with one man: Hulk Hogan.
He calls Hogan to the ring who comes out. Roode has a list of demands for him. He wants his dressing room re-designed to his liking, bottles of champagne left for him, only Green M&M’s in his room, and in his entrance he wants Golden Confetti flown directly from Canada, a champion’s country. Hogan interrupts him and says that until Roode became the champion that the company was running array. He says that Roode gave them direction, but as far as the list goes, Roode hasn’t broken any records yet so as far as the list goes…he stops and rips it.
Hogan says next week is Open Fight Night. He says that Roode has a title defense, and last month they had a tag title defense so he wants to let the fans know what title will be defended next week. Roode says he won’t defend this title. Hogan thinks about it and ignores Roode and says that he’s still going to defend the title. Hogan brings out members of the roster who want a title shot.
He schedules Bully Ray vs. Rob Van Dam, Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe, and says the rest will be in a battle royal to qualify. The winners of these matches will face off in a a four way next week to determine who faces Roode later in that show.
* Bully Ray defeated Rob Van Dam with a Cutter to advance.
* AJ Styles won the Battle Royal. It started off with everyone in the ring.
Order of Elimination
- Eric Young
- Robbie T
- Robbie E
- Garett Bischoff
- Austin Aries
Madison Rayne came out on the stage at one point and watched the match. Not sure why.
* AJ Styles took the mic and said Roode is on the verge of becoming the longest champion. Hogan said next week he’ll be put against Bobby Roode, and he will win the title. He said that he was also going to address the pictures and he will do that now. He says things aren’t always what they seem. He and Dixie have been business partners and they’ve both been married for a while now. He can see how things have been misconstrued.
Christopher Daniels’ music hits and he and Kazarian come to the stage. Daniels says AJ is a great athlete, but last week there was photographic proof of the ruse that got him where he is today. Kazarian takes the mic and says it has never been about humiliating AJ. It’s about the truth.
AJ says that Daniels said a picture is worth 1000 words but what if all those words were not true. Daniels says he’s a reasonable man and let’s say one photo is construed, that’s why there is video. Kazarian has an iPad and they show a video of AJ and Dixie Carter walking around a hotel, with their arms around each other and then they go into a hotel room. Daniels says there’s affection and then there’s passion. AJ takes a swing at him but misses. Daniels says that he guess he struck a nerve and the truth hurts. AJ walks to the back.
* Jeff Hardy defeated Mr. Anderson. Anderson hit the Finlay Roll, but didn’t immediately get up, so Jeff Hardy jackknife pinned him for the fall. The two shook hands after and Anderson raised Hardy’s hand.
* In a Knockout’s Title Match, Gail Kim retained over Brooke Tessmacher and Velvet Sky when Gail pinned Brooke. Velvet had the pin on Brooke, but Gail came in and threw Velvet out and stole the fall.
* Kurt Angle defeated Samoa Joe. Joe went for the Muscle Buster but Angle got off and sunset flipped him for the win. Bobby Roode was on commentary for the match. He came to the stage and yelled at Angle. Hardy came to ringside after the match. Roode made his way to the ramp looking at Angle and Hardy, as Ray and AJ came to the stage. All four of them had their eyes on Roode and the show ended.
* Eric Young w/ODB defeated Gunner.
* Devon defeated Mike Knox with a Spinebuster.