WWE taped this week’s Smackdown tonight from the Tucson Convention Center in Tucson, Arizona. Below are full results:
WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):
* The Big Show opened the show with an in-ring promo. He felt guilty about what he accidentally did to AJ, and he apologized, which got a nice response from the crowd.. He said that even as a kid, he was responsible for accidentally hurting kids his age due to his size. Now having to revisit that with AJ’s trauma, he revealed that he isn’t sure he can continue his career as a WWE Superstar. Daniel Bryan interrupted, drawing boos from the crowd. Bryan verbally assaulted Show and talked about AJ still being in the hospital because of him. Bryan then slapped Show, which made Show push Bryan into a corner. Before a brawl fully broke out, Mark Henry interrupted them and reminded the two of the triple threat cage match at the Royal Rumble. He said that they need to be worrying about that. Teddy Long then appeared on the ramp and announced The Big Show vs. Mark Henry for tonight.
* Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes b. Justin Gabriel in a non-title match.
* Santino Marella and Teddy Long are backstage. Santino proposes a tag team with himself and Yoshi Tatsu, aptly named “Santoshi,” before Drew McIntyre walks in. Long informs McIntyre that this is his last chance, and he must face Sheamus tonight.
* Sheamus b. Drew McIntyre with a Brogue Kick.
*WWE Tag Team Champions Epico & Primo b. Santino Marella & Yoshi Tatsu in a non-title match.
* In a backstage segment, Daniel Bryan tells Mark Henry that he respects him, and that he knows that Big Show is no match for him. He tells Henry that he should send a message by really hurting him tonight.
* Wade Barrett went to the ring to cut a promo on Randy Orton‘s return. He confirmed that Orton was returning tonight, but that Barrett had made him into a broken man. Orton then came out to a big pop, leading to the next match.
* Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett ended in a no contest. As soon as Orton got to the ring he attacked Barrett. Officials ran down to try to break up the brawl, to no avail. Several lower-card Superstars ran down to break it up as well, but received RKOs from Orton as Barrett escaped.
* Hunico w/ Camacho b. Ted DiBiase. After the match, Hunico and Camacho assaulted DiBiase, focusing on his injured wrist.
* “Funkasaurus” Brodus Clay b. Alex Riley
* Aksana b. Natalya with a roll-up. After the match, Natalya put Aksana in the Sharpshooter, but Tamina made the save. Tamina then hit Natalya with a Samoan drop and a Superfly Splash.
* The Big Show b. Mark Henry by countout after Henry walked away from the match. Daniel Bryan was ringside, and after the match, he grabbed a chair and attacked Big Show with it. He then applied the LeBell Lock, but Show broke out of it and hit a chokeslam on Bryan.