TNA taped next week’s episode of Impact Wrestling Thursday night in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Below are full taping results:
Impact Wrestling from Jonesboro, Arkansas (Airing 4/4/13 on Spike TV):
* The show opened with a contract signing between TNA Tag Team Champions Austin Aries & Bobby Roode vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez for 4/11. The stipulations for the match are a two out of three falls match and if Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez lose they can never team together again in Impact Wrestling.
* Adam Pearce b. Magno in a TNA Gut Check match. Pearce got the win after rolling up his opponent.
* Gail Kim & Tara w/Jessie Godderz b. Velvet Sky & Taryn Terrell with Joey Ryan as special guest referee. After the match, Taryn hit Joey with a low blow.
* Aces and Eights came out for an in-ring segment. They try and convince AJ Styles to join and D’Lo Brown receives his punk slip. Kurt Angle, Magnus, Joseph Park, Eric Young and Samoa Joe interrupt the segment, setting up the main event.
* Petey Williams b. Mason Andrews & Sonjay Dutt to earn the number one contendership for the X Division Championship.
* Hulk Hogan calls AJ Styles out. Styles comes out in an Aces and Eights vest. Hogan tries to talk Styles into helping TNA but James Storm interrupts. He accuses Styles of watching him get jumped and Hogan ends up booking them in a match for April 11.
* Garett Bischoff, Devon, DOC, Wes Brisco & Knox b. Kurt Angle, Eric Young, Joseph Park, Magnus & Samoa Joe
* Bully Ray comes out and cuts a promo on his Full Metal Mayhem Match against Jeff Hardy on April 11th. He calls out Brooke Hogan and offers front row tickets to the show. She slaps him and Jeff Hardy comes out. They fight, and a table and ladder are brought in. Hardy puts Bully Ray through the table to end the show.
- Wrestling News World’s Jesse Sherwood sent in the following live report:
Show opened with a Contract Signing for Aries and Roode vs. Chavo and Hernandez. After some bickering back and forth, it was decided that the match will be a 2/3 Falls Match, and if Chavo and Hernandez lose, they can never tag together in TNA again.
Adam Pearce vs. Magno
Decent match, although Magno botched a BME like move and landed on his head, but appeared to be fine. Winner: Adam Pierce via a Roll Up and holding the ropes.
Taryn Terrell and Velvet Sky vs. Tara and Gail Kim, with Special Guest
Referee Joey Ryan Good Knockouts match. Taryn looks much better than she did in WWE. Winner via Reversed Roll Up and a fast count, Gail Kim and Tara
After the match, Velvet and Taryn start teasing Joey Ryan, then Taryn low blow’s him! Velvet appeared hurt, and Taryn helped her to the back. Velvet was limping pretty bad
A’s & 8′s came out to tell the crowd that they were presenting AJ with a cut. Devon then said that Bully would have something for Brooke later on. D-Lo stated that he finally got his termination letter in the mail, and called out for TNA’s brass to come out. Kurt Angle came out instead, and attacked D-Lo which caused Joesph Park, Samoa Joe, Magnus, and Eric Young to come out and assist Angle.
X-Division Championship Qualifier: Sonjay Dutt vs. Mason Andrews vs. Petey Williams
Fantastic X Division match! Lots of great spots. Winner via Rolling Canadian Destroyer, Petey Williams
Hulk Hogan came out next, and calls AJ out. AJ comes out holding the a’s & 8′s vest. Hogan asks if this is how AJ is going to be, after all AJ has done for TNA? Hogan practically starts begging AJ to come and help fight A’s & 8′s with him. James Storm then comes out, and starts talking to AJ about their history in TNA, and says that AJ has changed. That AJ isn’t the same man that used to work the Nashville Fairgrounds with him. AJ leaves, backing slowly up the ramp, staring at the A’s & 8′s vest. Hogan makes Storm vs. AJ for next week. (Same taping as Hardy vs Bully Ray and the Tag Title matches)
10 Man Tag Match: A’s & 8′s (Devon, Doc, Knux, Garret Bischoff, and Wes Briscoe) vs. Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Eric Young, Magnus, and Joseph Park Typical multi-man tag match. Winner after a Low Blow and pin on Joseph Park, A’s & 8′s (Doc got the pin)
Bully Ray comes to talk about facing Hardy in Full Metal Mayhem. Then he calls Brooke out to present her with her document. After demeaning her for a bit, she opens it to find a front row ticket to Corpus Christi’s show. (The ticket was clearly from our venue.) Bully continues to talk down to her, which causes her to slap him. After a few more lewd comments about being in her head and in her, Hardy hits the ring. They brawl, and Bully gets the upper hand. Taz then helps Bully slide in a table and a ladder. As Bully is getting ready to set Hardy on the table, Hardy recovers and hits a Twist of Fate on Bully, laying him out on the table. Hardy then climbs the ladder and splashes off, putting Bully through the table to end the show.