WWE held another set of the NXT tapings on Thursday night from the campus of Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. Wrestling News World’s Scott Brooks was at the taping and filed the following report:
* Before the taping, Triple H comes out and announced that on February 27th there will be a live NXT that will be on the WWE Network. (story link)
* They seemed to change out commentators every couple matches so they were possibly taping some stuff out of order. It’s also possible that it might be four episodes instead of five but based on how they taped it seemed like it would be taped in this sequence.
* Adrian Neville defeated Wesley Blain via Corkscrew Shooting Star Press.
* Alexander Rusev w/Lana defeated Xavier Woods. Rusev continued to attack him until Sin Cara made the save and got Woods out.
* Antonio Cesaro defeated CJ Parker. Parker hit an airplane spin, it did not affect Cesaro, he get up and hit a big swing and the Neutralizer for the win.
* Sami Zayn came to the stage on a crutch. He was reflecting on his 2013 and called Cesaro’s victory over him in the 2/3 falls match his one blemish of the year and asked for a rematch. Cesaro came to the stage and took the mic. He said no and threw the mic away. Zayn was disappointed.
* Natalya Neidhart w/Bayley defeated Summer Rae w/Sasha Banks via Sharpshooter.
* The Ascension defeated QT Marshall and an unknown via pinning the unknown competitor.
Corey Graves came out and cut a promo about 2014 and warning everyone to stay down.
* Corey Graves defeated Camacho via submission.
* Bo Dallas came out to discuss him becoming the longest reigning NXT champ at 224 days. Neville interrupted. Neville wanted to come out and talk about taking the belt. They exchanged words and Bo particularly brought up that he beat a nobody to earn his shot in 4:45. Triple H came on the screen. He said if Neville can last 4:45 with Bo Dallas he will get a rematch and said if he does he will get a rematch on February 27th live on the network. Their match starts now. (Bo also is not in wrestling gear for this contest.)
* Adrian Neville lasted the 4:45 and earned a title shot.
Bo went to attack him after the match but Neville outsmarted him then hit the Corkscrew Shooting Star Press after and counted 3.
* Bayley w/Natalya defeated Sasha Banks w/Charlotte & Summer. The two of them tried to get involved but it failed and Bayley picked up the win on Sasha.
* Tyler Breeze defeated Colin Cassidy. Aiden English came on the screen and was about to go after Enzo Amore which distracted Colin and caused him to lose to a spinning wheel kick from Breeze.
* The Miz defeated CJ Parker via Figure Four Leg Lock.
Adrian Neville came out for a contract signing with Bo Dallas for their match. Bo did not enter and Neville called him a coward and signed. Bo came out, in his gear, and said he is not scared. He said he was getting very tired of him. He asks Neville to take a seat and pay attention and show why he is the NXT Champion. He asks for his opponent to be sent out.
* Bo Dallas defeats Danny Burch in a non title match.
Bo signed the contract after and the te of them got in a brawl.
* Alexander Rusev defeated Sin Cara via submission.
* Emma defeated Alicia Fox via submission.
After, she took a mic to wish Paige a recovery on her injury. Wen she is recovered, she wants her rematch for the women’s championship. Sasha, Charlotte, Summer, and Fox all attacked Emma until Natalya and Bayley ran out for the save.
* Mason Ryan defeated Sylvester Lefort.
* Tyson Kidd defeated Aiden English. Colin came out and distracted Aiden which allowed Tyson to hit a Blockbuster for the win.
* Adrian Neville defeated Corey Graves via Corkscrew Shooting Star Press.
Bo Dallas came out after. Triple H then came to the ring and announced that their NXT title match on February 27th will be a Ladder Match.
* In a six woman tag, Emma, Natalya and Bayley defeated Sasha Banks, Alicia Fox and Sasha Banks w/Charlotte when Emma made Fox tap after the other 3 walked out on Fox.
* Aiden English defeated Colin Cassidy. He sang after.
Sami Zayn came to the ring, no longer on crutches. He said he has lost sleep over his loss on the 2/3 falls match. He wants to move on to the next challenge but he is stuck I a moment. He said he almost won the most important match of his career and can’t figure out what went wrong. Cesaro comes out and says there was never a moment and said no matter what he did it was always his match to win. He says he is better than Zayn but Zayn will still have a great career “down here”. He compared the ending of that match as being a crystal ball to his career and his whole life of being close but no cigar. Zayn says they go back a long way all over the world. He calls Cesaro a workhorse and an achieved competitor. He says he is here when he does not have to be and says he has a true competitor and will fight anywhere yet he won’t fight him (Zayn.) Cesaro asks how many more times he has to beat him to get it through to him. Zayn says just one more one to prove it to him and himself and if he does win it is proving what he already “knows” or maybe it won’t go down like that. He says that maybe he is afraid because they bring out the best in each other and that maybe his best can’t beat Zayn’s best. Cesaro asks how Zayn’s knee is and Zayn says it is fine. Cesaro asks if his knee is medically cleared. Zayn said he will worry about himself. Cesaro asks for Zayn’s word that if he accepts to one last match there will be no excuses when he beats Zayn again. Zayn says he has his word. He extended a handshake. Crowd changed Pinkie Promise. Zayn extended his pinkie. Cesaro said his answer was still no and kicked him. Triple H said maybe he doesn’t want the match but the fans do. More importantly, Triple H says he wants it as well. He says Zayn’s knee should be good by February 27th live on the WWE Network they will wrestle again because that is best for business.
* CJ Parker defeated Tye Dillenger.
Parker appeared to turn heel after asking why nobody likes him and talks about the fans not caring about the environment.
* The Wyatt Family defeated Marcus Luey and Jason Jordon.
The Wyatt’s cut a promo to end the taping.
It was announced that on January 30th, NXT would be taping at Full Sail and Cody Rhodes and Goldust will be in attendance.