Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) and Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) of #AftermathRadio on thescore.com and iTunes chat with WWE Hall Of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin.
In the interview, Austin admits that he does have one more match left in him, that he would have liked to face Brock Lesnar but had it been done right years ago in WWE, and he would like to face CM Punk at WrestleMania 28, though he would have preferred Punk to be a heel, and the money needs to be right.
* The interview begins with a funny conversation about how Jimmy Korderas would referee tryout matches and Steve Austin would command Jimmy over his earpiece to do random things like doing a cartwheel or a somersault in in the match
On working for projects, his new website, including working with Steven Seagal in a new movie release upcoming soon in the future:
“I am happy to be working with the guy. I have always been a Seagal fan, Ive heard a lot of stories about him. Its kinda right in the middle of my dear season. I’m down here in Texas in the deer stand looking at deer, learning my lines, and getting tuned up in the gym.”
* Giving his thoughts on his new WWE DVD coming out November 29, the honest and candid tone of the DVD
* On Wrestlemania 13, the famous “double turn” – Does Steve feel the seeds of him becoming a babyface actually starting in his speech after winning King of the Ring 1996?
* The night were he injured his neck in the match against Owen Hart at Summerslam 1997, and then appearing on RAW the very next night. Would he have changed anything on how quickly he returned to the ring if he didn’t have so much momentum in his career
* Were there ever any discussions of “Icon vs Icon” at WrestleMania 18 being Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan, and does he wish he did have a chance to draw money with Hulk Hogan in a marquee matchup
Does he feel that there could be one more match inside of him still? Possibily stepping in the ring against CM Punk at a future Wrestlemania:
“If it was the right time, right place could I do it (have one more match)? Yeah. I got a lot of respect for the kid (CM Punk), love the promos he cuts, love his work in the ring. He’s a guy that paid his dues, worked his way to top guy status, and I wish him all the best in the world. It’s a weird situation right now because he’s a babyface and I think he became a babyface too soon, and I would have liked to work him when he was a heel. It comes down to money and what’s on the table.”
Thoughts on Brock Lesnar. Giving his thoughts on all former talents like Brock Lesnar saying he would like to face Steve Austin if he came back to WWE, and Current superstars calling him out on places like Twitter and other Interviews:
“As far as Brock Lesnar goes, I think he’s firmly entrenched in the UFC, and I think yes that was the big match to him that he would have liked to have had in the WWE at that time. Hell, I would have loved to have worked with Brock too, had it been done right.”
* On not knowing at the moment if a Tough Enough Season 2 is coming, but definitely wanting to be a part of it if it does happen
* Will “What” last forever?
To listen to the full podcast, click here.