Spoiler on Impact Return Rhino returned to TNA at Friday night’s Impact Wrestling tapings. We have details on how it went down here and here. Bully Ray’s Infamous Mae Young Story Not everyone can say they have been farted on by Mae Young but Bully Ray can — or at least that’s what he told […]
Mae Young’s funeral will be held on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 from the Dunbar Funeral Home in Columbia, South Carolina at 2 PM. There will be a visitation on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 from 5-8 PM at the same location. For more information, call 803-771-7990.
- Ric Flair is scheduled to serve as grand marshal at Zaxby’s Speedfest on January 26, 2014 at Watermelon Capital Speedway in Cordele, Georgia. Philly.com has more at this link. – Lisa Marie Varon (f/k/a Victoria) was quoted in the Chicago Tribune talking about the WWE Network and her restaurant The Squared Circle. You can […]
The wrestling world is grieving the loss of Mae Young as the legendary female wrestler died Tuesday at the age of 90. After WWE confirmed the news on dot com, Vince McMahon issued the following statement: “There will never be another Mae Young,” said WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon. “Her longevity in sports entertainment […]
WWE confirmed Tuesday night on dot com that Mae Young has died. She was 90-years-old. Young had been in failing health and there were inaccurate reports she had died last week. WWE noted she was the “oldest living squared circle personality.” Stephanie McMahon paid tribute to Young on Twitter shortly after the news broke: #RIPTheOneandOnlyGreatMaeYoung […]
Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier, who broke the news that Mae Young died on Thursday, is retracting his report. The following is from Twitter: Mae Young has not passed away. The source who reported her passing received incorrect information. Mae is gravely ill, but still alive. — Mike Mooneyham (@ByMikeMooneyham) January 9, 2014
Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier is reporting that Mae Young was taken off life support on Wednesday. The following is from Mooneyham’s verified Twitter account: Sad news to report. Received word tonight that #MaeYoung has been taken off life support. Prayers for this grand lady of wrestling. — Mike Mooneyham (@ByMikeMooneyham) January 9, […]
Mike Mooneyham provided a health update on WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young in his latest pro wrestling column at this link. Moneyham reports Young is breathing with the assistance of an oxygen machine and a kidney is in the process of shutting down. She’s currently under hospice care. Young, 90, was at one point […]
Mae Young is not doing well and has reportedly been placed under the care of hospice. She was hospitalized in the latter part of last month. Young is 90-years-old.
- We reported on Tuesday there was noticeable confusion during the final segment of this week’s Monday Night Raw. Triple H was reportedly upset they went to commercial before announcing Big Show would be challenging Randy Orton for the WWE title at Survivor Series. The segment was running long and they had to get one […]
- Vince McMahon and Triple H presented Mae Young with her own WWE Divas Championship belt backstage at this week’s “Old School” Raw. You can watch a candid video of Vince and Hunter presenting Young with the belt and talking with her out-of-character at this link. – Stephanie McMahon wasn’t backstage at this week’s WWE […]
- Jim Ross joined Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler on commentary for the 1000th episode of WWE Raw to help call the 6-man tag team match which featured World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara beating Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio. – Charlie Sheen made an appearance on the 1000th […]
- Arda Ocal sent in the following interviews he conducted with Tony Atlas, Johnny Rodz and Mae Young: TONY ATLAS Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) of The Score Television Network had a chance to speak to WWE Hall Of Famer, “Mr.USA” Tony Atlas in this exclusive interview. Highlights: His thoughts on Hulk Hogan using the trademark “cup […]