- The following matches are being advertised for WWE Over the Limit on the PNC Arena’s official website (the venue in which the PPV is scheduled for in May): * CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship * Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Championship WWE Over the Limit 2012 will […]
Alberto Del Rio is scheduled to face World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus on this week’s Smackdown. If he wins, he’ll win a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. WWE will tape this week’s Smackdown tomorrow night from Amway Center in Orlando, Florida. We’ll have exclusive live play-by-play coverage of tomorrow night’s taping here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- Less than a month ago World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus explained why he wasn’t on Twitter, citing too much access to superstars. Today, he has opened a Twitter account at Twitter.com/wwesheamus. To be fair, he did say there may be a time he would have to go out and get a Twitter account. – Dean […]
The following is today’s edition of Ask WNW. Ask WNW is the most popular feature on the website where Richard Gray answers four questions daily, Monday through Friday. To submit your question for the next installment of Ask WNW, click here.
Believe it or not, WWE actually wanted Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan at tonight’s Wrestlemania XXVIII pay-per-view to beat the time for Chavo Guerrero vs. Kane for the ECW Championship at Wrestlemania XXIV in 2008. They didn’t come close as Kane squashed Chavo for the belt in 8 seconds while Sheamus’ victory took 18 seconds. So far, I […]
Sheamus beat Daniel Bryan to win the World Heavyweight Championship in the opening match of Wrestlemania XXVIII. Bryan was giving AJ a good luck kiss when he turned around and was hit with the Brogue Kick followed by a three count. The “match” was only 18 seconds long.
Matt Striker just announced on the WrestleMania preshow that Daniel Bryan will defend his World Heavyweight Championship against Sheamus in the opening contest at WrestleMania XXVIII. Stick with Wrestling News World, as we will have full, extensive live coverage of the event.
- Brian Fritz conducted video interviews with World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan and Sheamus. You can watch them embedded in the videos below: Daniel Bryan Having a Good Year, Excited about WrestleMania 28 Match with Sheamus Sheamus to Face Daniel Bryan at ‘Biggest WrestleMania of All Time’ – WWE has announced a Smackdown live event […]
- WWE has coverage from last night’s Wrestlemania Premiere Party over on dot com at this link. Natalya interviews Big Show, Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and others. – As of this writing there are still good seats available here on Ticketmaster.com for Wrestlemania XXVIII. The event is expected to […]
ESPN.com has a new Q&A online with Sheamus. In it, he discusses facing Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania XXVIII this year despite being bumped off the card last year. Below is an excerpt: Jon Robinson: You were originally supposed to fight Daniel Bryan at last year’s Wrestlemania, but then you got […]
- The Rock told The Palm Beach Post that Wrestlemania XXVIII being held in Miami “sealed the deal” for him to return to take part in the event. WWE negotiated with The Rock for years in hopes of a return for a main event match against John Cena which of course will become a reality […]
The following article is only available to WrestlingNewsWorld.com Premium Members. Sign-up here to view this article and unlock all our exclusive features. By signing up not only will you unlock all exclusive features but the website is also 100% advertisement free!
IrishCentral.com has a new Q&A online with Sheamus. Below is an excerpt: “My WWE career has been amazing,” he says. “It took a lot of time for me to get here, and you never stop paying your dues. I’m never satisfied with what I’ve achieved. “I want to create a legacy for myself, like those […]
As noted in the report from last night’s WWE Smackdown live event, Sheamus was busted open hardway, causing him to bleed heavily. The spot occurred when Daniel Bryan delivered a belt shot to Sheamus’ face during his match against Mark Henry.
The Wausau Daily Herald has a new article featuring quotes from The Rock where he talks about returning to WWE for Wrestlemania XXVIII. “They know that I’m back, not for money, not because I like being on the road, but because I love the business,” Rock told the publication. “The energy level is different this […]