WWE started a three show tour in Sadia Arabia on Thursday. The Thursday show is over as of this writing so if you attended, please submit a live report.
Legends’ House premieres on WWE Network at 8 PM EDT tonight and we’re having an “Open Thread” to discuss the show as it airs. Click here for more.
This week’s episode of Impact Wrestling airs on Spike TV at 9 PM EDT. We have our “Open Thread” starting at 8:30 PM EDT featuring streaming results and live discussion right here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com. If you don’t want to wait to find out what happens, click here and here.
Alex Barie, who hosts our Impact “Open Thread” and is one of the leading TNA writers online, previews this week’s show at this link.
TNA will run a live event tonight in Florence, South Carolina. We have the details at this link.
Onto the WWE news…
– Cesaro credits his giant swing for helping him get the attention of WWE officials and ultimately his push as a Paul Heyman Guy. Remember, he had some failures, including the yodeling gimmick. Cesaro talked about being like the mailman because he always delivers at this link.
– The word going around is that AJ Lee asked for some time off. As we noted on Wednesday, she’s listed on the internal injury report. Tamina Snuka gets the nod to challenge Paige for the Divas Championship at next month’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view.
– Darren Young is expected out 4-6 months after tearing his ACL on Saturday night in a match against Fandango. Young went as far as trying to discredit our report with the “SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET IS FALSE!” mentality but he just didn’t want to lose his spot.
– Vickie Guerrero is believed to be finishing up with WWE but is still with the company as of this writing. The word over Wrestlemania 30 weekend in NOLA was that was finishing up after the show but that turned out not to be the case.
– Cordell Walker, who worked in Ring of Honor as Vordell Walker, worked a dark match against Titus O’Neil at this week’s Smackdown taping. He went under in the bout.
– John Cena Tweeted the following from Saudi Arabia:
Experiencing new culture and tradition can be enlightening try 2 keep an open mind U never know what u can learn and who u can learn it from
— John Cena (@JohnCena) April 17, 2014
– AJ Styles thought he would retire in TNA Wrestling and while he left the door open, there’s someone there that only thinks he’s worth a small amount, these comments made to the Baltimore Sun. Styles said he doesn’t know the state of TNA but they’re doing things that make people think they’re going out of business. He doesn’t want them to go out of business but has heard it’s been a horribly mismanaged company. Click here to read his full comments.
– Dixie Carter and “Big” John Gaburick have started to butt heads, mainly because Carter trusted Big to handle AJ Styles, only for him to end up under contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling. Carter recently made an executive decision regarding an addition to the company’s creative team. We have more at this link.
– Samoa Joe, who hasn’t worked a match for TNA Wrestling since March 28, is advertised for Thursday night’s show in Florence, South Carolina. He’s booked against Magnus.
– Both Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are accepting independent bookings through Bill Behrens at SBIBookings.com. There have been a lot of questions about their contracts but they are still under deals with TNA. Daniels is also taking bookings as Curry Man.
– Speaking of Daniels, he worked today in Japan at Wrestle-1’s show in Tokyo. He went under to Sanada. We have more at this link.
– Jesse Neal says he makes more money working at Walmart then he did working for TNA Wrestling and they pay on time.
– While some former TNA workers are not happy, the company has added Rockstar Spud to the list of talent that have signed new contracts. He joins James Storm, Gunner and Robbie E that have recently signed extensions.