This week’s kayfabe interview with Michael Cole and Triple H is now online. Below are the highlights:
- Cole opened by asking Hunter about Kane getting involved in the main event at Monday Night Raw. While Cole clearly put the blame on Kane, Triple H put the blame on Daniel Bryan. Triple H said there would be an “internal investigation” but Daniel Bryan attacked him. He does’t know why Kane was down there but is sure he had a good reason. Hunter, in-character, pushed Cole to move on.
- Triple H said Daniel Bryan put on an impressive and stellar performance on Raw. He said Randy Orton, maybe not quite what he would expect from the “face of the WWE.” Cole asked Hunter why he and Stephanie McMahon “decided” for Orton to run the gauntlet against his Elimination Chamber challengers.
- Hunter said while Orton might be the most talented guy in the locker room, sometimes he lacks confidence. So Orton, like a child, is forced by Triple H, the adult, to get in uncomfortable situations to give him a chance to be as good as he believes that he is. Hunter said he came up short on Raw and he’ll be expecting big things in his match against Christian on Smackdown. He said it’s his job to get talent to reach their peak, sometimes with them kicking and screaming.
- Triple H officially announces that Orton will face John Cena next week on Monday Night Raw in Los Angeles. We ran this here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- After the interview, Triple H apparently “curses” at Cole in a rant that’s bleeped out. Hunter gets in Cole’s face, pointing his finger at him.
Click here to watch the latest kayfabe interview in its entirety. We also have it embedded below: