Michael Cole returns in this week’s kayfabe Triple H interview that’s now online at this link. Below are the highlights:
- Cole opened by asking Hunter about not taking Paul Heyman up on either one of his offers regarding Brock Lesnar on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw. While Triple H said either match (for the title versus Orton or against Batista) would have been huge for Raw, Randy Orton is the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, he earned it, he deserves it. Dave Batista won the Royal Rumble and earned his number one contender spot, earned his right to be in the main event and challenge for the championship at Wrestlemania. Hunter proclaimed, if Brock Lesnar wants something around here, he’s going to have to earn it. He continued with, “And the other thing on that is, I don’t do well with or else.”
- Cole asked why not allow Brock Lesnar an opportunity to qualify to go into the Elimination Chamber. Hunter said they gave him the opportunity but Paul Heyman, felt his client was above that. Hunter said that didn’t set well with Brock so he made a statement. He said that’s fine and Brock Lesnar probably won’t show his face for a little bit.
- Hunter laughed about the beating that Lesnar put on Goldust and Cody Rhodes. He said they will absolutely get their opportunity and reiterated what we reported here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com in that they’ll be in a WWE Tag Team Championship steel cage match on next week’s episode of Monday Night Raw. Triple H asked Cole if that settled the conspiracy theory about his connection to the The New Age Outlaws. Cole said it does.
- Triple H was asked if the reason he put The Shield in the main event at Raw was the hope they would qualify for the Elimination Chamber match and protect his pick for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Randy Orton. Hunter told Cole he needed a hobby or something to get off the conspiracy theories. He said there is only winner when you get in the Elimination Chamber and that one man will survive and that man will go on and defend the title against Batista at Wrestlemania.
- It’s reiterated that the final two spots of the Elimination Chamber match will be determined in two “epic qualifying matches” on this week’s episode of Smackdown.
- Triple H said he doesn’t think it’s a big deal The Wyatt Family cost The Shield a chance to qualify for the Elimination Chamber and he thinks everyone should just let that go. Cole said it’ll be interesting to hear The Shield’s take on that. Hunter said they’re fine with it.
- Cole asked him about Jake Roberts going into the WWE Hall of Fame. Triple H said he’s glad Jake has reached a place in his life where he can accept the rightfully due award of being acknowledged in the WWE Hall of Fame.
You can watch this week’s kayfabe interview in the video embedded below: