Triple H returns in his weekly kayfabe sit-down interview with Michael Cole. Below is our recap:
- Cole asks Hunter what it’s like to actually have a vacation. He said he highly recommends it but doesn’t plan on giving him one anytime soon.
- Cole put over the free WWE Network preview and talked about the Battleground main event. He talked about Triple H pitting all members of The Authority against one in another in the main and a possible Plan C with Paul Heyman making some sort of offer to him on Raw. Hunter said things aren’t always what they seem and at the end of the day he just wants stability back in WWE. He wants the correct face to be the WWE Champion and he has a plan to get there. He’s the one that needs to know and just him.
- Triple H predicted the person that he wants to be the face of WWE will walk out of Battleground the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
- Hunter questioned if Dean Ambrose can even show up for his “revenge” on Seth Rollins at Battleground. He said Ambrose was “taken to the hospital” and “refused treatment” after Raw. Triple H said Ambrose is scheduled for Smackdown and it will be interesting to see if he shows up at all.
- Michael Cole asked Triple H about Sting’s inclusion in the WWE 2K15 video game as a playable pre-order character. Triple H called Sting one of the biggest legends in the history of the industry finally in a WWE video game. He said this gives fans the opportunity to see what they’ve probably wanted to see for the last 20 years and that’s Sting vs. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Sting against The Rock, Sting against The Undertaker, Sting against Triple H, Sting against every legend that’s ever been in this business. It doesn’t get any bigger than that. Triple H said if you’re a video game fan or a WWE fan, this is what you have been waiting for.
- Cole asked if Sting will ever step foot in a WWE ring in the flesh. Triple H said that’s an interesting question and there’s been a lot of speculation over the years. Then again, he’d heard that Bruno Sammartino would never be part of the WWE again. He heard for years that The Ultimate Warrior would never be part of the WWE again. He’s also heard that Sting would never, ever be part of the WWE. If there’s one thing he’s learned over the years is never say never if it’s best for business.
You can watch the interview in its entirety at this link or embedded below: