– We’re told Alberto Del Rio opened the 20th Anniversary of WWE Raw with Vince McMahon as a sign of endorsement. Vince was very happy with the way Del Rio got over with the crowd. One observer says it’s no coincidence Randy Orton went on after Del Rio as Vince wanted to compare both reactions and also send a message to Orton.
– Speaking of which, we’re told Orton went under to Wade Barrett as part of a possible heel turn. Tension between Vince and Orton remains regarding the direction of Randy’s character and McMahon isn’t completely happy with his attitude. Ultimately it’s believed that Orton will get a run as a top heel later this year.
– The usage of Ric Flair in the Antonio Cesaro/The Miz program further shows how high Cesaro is on the WWE radar. We’re told Cesaro was praised for his mic work against Flair as Ric was paired with Miz to help his “failing” babyface turn.
– The original plan was for Eve Torres to work through January although as we first reported here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com Premium, the plan going back to last week was Kaitlyn going over for the belt. As it turns out, Eve is leaving early and will be working with the Gracie family as the face of their women’s line.
– One observer commented on CM Punk’s reactions from WWE Raw and how even in a program with The Rock he still gets a babyface pop. Like with Punk merchandise, his fans stay loyal and everyone has accepted he’s extremely over.