Forbes has a new interesting piece profiling Vince McMahon now online. Vince isn't very transparent in his responses and it's interesting he doesn't outright deny 'WWE is for sale' rumors. Below are the highlights of the piece:
- 'WWE for sale rumors' are mentioned, naming Comcast and Madison Square Garden Co. as rumored suitors
- $75 million was spent on preparations for WWE Network and the change from a traditional cable channel in 2011 to launching as an over the top service is explained
- Vince explained his love for speed and spoke about his Bentley and Boss Hoss 502 but distanced himself from "rich people" - McMahon stated, “I don’t really have anything in common with anyone in Greenwich except zeros. Normally I do not like rich people.”
- Vince McMahon's life from meeting his biological father at age 12 to who he is today is detailed.
- Regarding the XFL and its failure, McMahon said, “I like learning from my mistakes and bringing the values I’ve learned forward... But I’m not good at patting myself on the back. I’m not good at looking back.”
- Finally, Vince is asked if a McMahon will run WWE in the future and he said, “I would like to see a degree of that… I just think as times go on, things will evaporate. Eventually Uncle Sam sees the benefit. You can’t do anything without Uncle Sam taking a huge bite of it.”
Click here to read the article in its entirety.