This blog reflects my subjective views and nothing more. If you disagree – which is encouraged – feel free to voice your opinion (in a civil manner) in the comments section. Also, I am always open to constructive criticism of the writing format, phrasing, etc.
Hello and welcome back to yet another edition of the Weekly Rundown hosted by yours truly, Guy Landau. This is a weekly feature on WrestlingNewsWorld.com where I gloss over the important happenings in WWE & TNA week as it pertains to the companies' respective major shows, in the form of bulletins for the positive happenings (under the "YES!" column, and prefaced with + signs), the negative happenings (under the "NO!" column, and prefaced with – signs), and the ones I could not decide what they were, but felt they were important enough to comment on (Under the "Maybe?" column, and prefaced with ? signs).
So without further ado, let's get started.
Quick note: because of a very hectic week I did not have time to watch Hardcore Justice or Impact. That is also the reason that this week the Rundown is (yet again) late. Fear not though, for next week the Rundown will return.
+ I liked the whole opening segment withBryancoming out and the main event being made.
+ FINALLY a RAWActive choice that isn't too easy to predict. At the end it didn't matter though, all 3 were out…
+ Slater got a surprisingly pleasant amount of offense on Truth, who made the finish very anticlimactic.
+ Very interesting development with Punk's character on this past week's RAW.
+ Notice Heyman stealing Damien Sandow's line – "thank you for your irrelevant opinion"
+ While I shouldn't be liking that segment, any TV time for William Regal is a good thing. He has the ability to make the most stupid jokes funny.
+ Great match between Bryan and Orton, and I'm glad Orton didn't go over clean. I agree with Matt thatBryanshould've worked a leg submission for the win, but seeing as a he didn't win, I suppose it would've been lost on most fans.
- RyBack's matches being edited for crowd reaction has really gone too far.
- Pauly D isn't the way to make your product respectable.
- Why on earth is Sin Cara getting victories?!
- Piper's Pit was SO awkward.
- Wow, Christian has really fallen, hasn't he? He's almost a jobber now.
- While the finish to the Tag match was nice, in no way should Cody Rhodes lose as much as he has lately.
- Reks and Hawkins are too good for that treatment. But at least they're getting TV time. I'm ashamed to admit that when Reks was talking about his "old job" last week, I suspected that this was what he meant.
- The whole cancellation of the WHC match was redundant. I'd have made Eve reinstate the match to get heat on her, with Sheamus' status being in question all the way up to the match.