This blog reflects my subjective views and nothing more. If you disagree with me, feel free to voice your opinion in a civil manner in the comments section.
Hello and welcome to The Weekly Rundown hosted by yours truly, Guy Landau. This is a weekly feature on WrestlingNewsWorld.com where I gloss over the important happenings in the week in WWE & TNA as it pertains to the companies’ respective major shows… and NXT, in the form of bulletins for the positive happenings (under the “YES!” column, and prefaced with + signs), the negative happenings (under the “NO!” column, and prefaced with – signs), and the ones I could not decide what they were, but felt they were important enough to comment on (Under the “Maybe?” column, and prefaced with ? signs).
So without further ado, let’s get started.
+ I like Graves. Glad to see him back, in what appears to be a prominent role.
+ Emma is finally starting to take a specific direction. It’s about time.
+ Hero vs. Regal was a very realistic and intriguing encounter.
+ The new intro looks much more professional, and inviting to new fans. It highlights homegrown along with established talent, as it should. I would love Roode, AJ, and Joe to have their names mentioned as well, but it’s nitpicking at the end of the day.
+ Great opener to get the crowd going, though I disagree with the result.
+ Well, I stand corrected. Full Metal Mayhem IS a ladder match now.
+ I like the twist with Daniels and Kaz recruiting AJ. I can see AJ realistically agreeing just because of how messed up he is right now.
+ I really liked Big E’s introduction of Ziggler.
+ Ziggler, despite his hoarse, did a good job in turning the favoring crowd against him.
+ Jericho, being the rockstar that he is, knows how to activate an audience.
+ I am all for The Shield becoming the next Tag Team champions.
+ Barrett has really made that Ballpin Hammer Elbow look effective. This match did well to make Barrett look dominant – hey, at least it was a win – but I am ready to see him get into a new feud for the title.
+ I liked the Shield/HHH/3MB segment, even though it made no sense for 3MB to attack Triple H in the first place.
+ I liked the main event from a booking perspective – it kept Ziggler looking strong while moving Fandango/Jericho forward.
+ Lesnar’s attack on 3MB was well done, all down to his facials and his interaction with Heyman. It made him seem like an almost-uncontrollable monster, with Paul Heyman being a sole voice of reason in his head.
+ Lesnar vs. HHH III is a great idea, if Lesnar goes on top as I expect him to. It will make him seem as dominant as he should.
+ Heyman sold the Steel Cage stipulation beautifully! He made it sound so good!
+ WWE seems to be going in an interesting direction with the WHC. I don’t mind Ziggler going under clean as it appears to be part of a bigger picture.
+ RyBack’s promo showed a different side to his character that I am interested in seeing more of.
+ Fandango’s segment was a lot of fun. Go Fandango yourself had me laughing.
+ The Shield’s attack at the end of the show was very well done, a lot of subtleties were wonderful in it.
- Well, so much for 2 out of 3 falls. The first 2 falls happened what – a minute into the match?
- I really hope Pearce being eliminated is part of a bigger plan to bring him back, perhaps as part of A&8, like TNA will apparently do with Ivelisse Velez.
- What ever happened to Ryan? He came in with a high stock. He can still be used in the X-Division.
- I wish WWE would show character progress that sticks. They essentially nullified Big Show’s Iron-Clad contract with that backstage segment. At least they remembered it. That’s… new.
- Cesaro goes under clean again… I hope this is at least the beginning of a program.
- I agree with JBL – Ziggler wearing the title like that is disrespectful. I figure it won’t be done ever again.
- Well, from the looks of it Cesaro is in the company doghouse. That’s a shame.
- So much for Barrett looking strong…
- I don’t like Rhodes Scholars lacking direction.
- I guess I’m the only person to not be a believer in the Fandangoing craze. To me it is far from being the next YES!. But, all the power to it if I’m wrong, which I appear to be.
- What was up with the HORRIBLE finish to the Divas match?
Weekly Comment Question:
Your question of the week is: What did you think of RyBack’s backstage taped promo?
Leave your answer in the comments section below, and don’t forget to come back next week for a new edition of the Weekly Rundown!