This blog reflects my subjective views and nothing more. If you disagree – which is encouraged – feel free to voice your opinion (in a civil manner) in the comments section. Also, I am always open to constructive criticism of the writing format, phrasing, etc.
Hello and welcome back to yet another edition of the Weekly Rundown hosted by yours truly, Guy Landau. This is a weekly feature on WrestlingNewsWorld.com where I gloss over the important happenings in WWE & TNA week as it pertains to the companies’ respective major shows, in the form of bulletins for the positive happenings (under the “YES!” column, and prefaced with + signs), the negative happenings (under the “NO!” column, and prefaced with – signs), and the ones I could not decide what they were, but felt they were important enough to comment on (Under the “Maybe?” column, and prefaced with ? signs).
So without further ado, let’s get started.
No Way Out
+ Nice reference to Wrestlemania with the opening minute of Ziggler vs. Sheamus. I actually thought they were going to redo that finish, and I was scared. So glad they didn’t.
+ Ahh… A “smart” crowd. Those have been such a delight since the “YES!” chant took off.
+ Finally someone responded to Booker’s “you gotta love it” with “I don’t love it”! I literally say that to the screen every time Booker does that.
+ Christian vs.Rhodes and Ziggler vs. Sheamus were both great ways to open the show (of course, ignoring the joke that was in between)
+ Great Fatal 4 Way Tag match, and I’m so glad to see Kidd & Gabriel are back together. Also, somehow WWE managed to make AW’s flop make sense.
+ Great Divas match – it was long, but the crowd was relatively engaged.
+ Hunico carried Sin Cara to a good (if drawn out) match. Hunico’s complete control made Cara’s comeback seem meaningful – this is the kind of match Sin Cara should be having – only shorter and with more hope spots.
+ The video package for the WWE championship match just amplified to me how amazing AJ has been in acting out this feud. Not to mention – the match itself was AMAZING!
+ Very nice tag match to open RAW! And AJ coming down… WHAT?!
+ Good, Heyman appearing for Brock and refusing Triple H’s offer is absolutely the right way to go. Besides, that segment as a whole was very entertaining, in addition to progressing the storyline. Heyman is such a good talker.
+ Great crowd for RAW, same as NWO.
+ AW’s headpiece is a nice, fresh way to approach a character.
+ Interesting way to start the show with Brodus Clay, Big Show and Otunga. Makes you wonder where things are going to go.
+ Vickie as GM next week is great, especially considering the implications for Ziggler.
+ And another great match between Kane and Bryan! They managed to keep the crowd interested in a long heel vs. heel match. Also, interesting way to finish the match.
+ 3 Great matches in Christian vs.Del Rio, Kane vs.Bryan AND Ziggler vs. Sheamus.
+ Aries really put the X Division title over, well done. At the end of the day, though, the X Division championship was relinquished for a shot at the WHC.
+ TNA has a lot of good, original content going on. OFN, BFG Series, Gut Check…
+ OK, so the AJ/Dixie saga was resolved. I don’t mind that it was an out of the blue, unknown person, as the Deus Ex Machina was necessary and it was just a plot item to show that AJ and Dixie weren’t having an affair. I just wish said plot item’s promo was a bit shorter.
No Way Out
– The WHC match opens the show AGAIN?!
– Because there’s no better way to capitalize on a great WHC opener than to follow it up with a Tuxedo match.
-Rhodes recovered from the Killswitch way too quickly.
– OK, so Beth loses to Layla again. Where do we go from here?
– This will remain a NO! until it changes, and I am of course talking about RyBack’s competition.
– What was up with the entrance order for the main event? Am I supposed to assume McMahon considers himself a bigger character than Big Show (as he entered after him, and right before Cena)
– So Ziggler works face against Swagger, gets a face reaction… and then goes back to being romantically involved with Vickie, which as we all know is the heeliest thing one can do? How does that make sense?
-Del Rio is unfit to perform at NWO, but he’s fine the FOLLOWING NIGHT? Something doesn’t add up, if they didn’t think he’d be fit for the PPV they definitely shouldn’t have used him the following night. Besides, he squashed the US champion AGAIN! When in fact, Santino’s foot was under the bottom rope when Del Rio locked the Cross Armbreaker in.
– I think the fact that I was glad to see Slater interrupt Cyndi Laupers’ segment shows how bad it was going. He was literally the most entertaining part of those 10 minutes.
– Ryder isn’t on RAW in his hometown?! ARE YOU SERIOUS BRO?!
– The fans chanting “you can’t wrestle” at Big Show – seriously? Of all the people and all the insults, that’s the pairing you make?
– And still, RyBack faces 2 jobbers.
– If juvenile backstage segments is what Foley is doing as GM, I don’t want him as GM.
– Del Rio has a great match with Christian on Smackdown, which means one of two things, and neither one is good: Either he wasn’t able to compete safely on Sunday, which means him taking such bumps two days later is irresponsible, or he was able to compete on Sunday which means the whole ordeal of stripping him of his shot was unneeded. Somehow I think it’s more of the former.
– Wait, if Christian is still feuding with Cody, why did he take the fall to Del Rio? All it does is cheapen his IC title!
– So glad we have a fighting US champion for such segments…
– This is the 5th time in what, a month, That Ziggler has lost to Sheamus clean? Way to push the guy.
– I’m sorry,Anderson is just not cutting it for me.
– I could not tell if Magnus is face or heel from his promo (I believe he was face with Joe), which is not good at all.
– Once again, Brooke isn’t “Great Khali bad”, but there is no reason for the role she has. Also – where were Love, Winter,Tara (well, I’ll let that slide as she already had a match scheduled), Sarita & Rosita? They’re still on the roster as far as I know, though you wouldn’t be able to tell they are from their TV time. Same goes for Doug Williams, which is a crying shame.
? I am unsure as to what I feel about the new interim GM from the past concept. Will we see the return of the computer?
? There’s really nothing special about Taeler Hendrix (other than the way she spells her first name) to warrant granting her a contract. Then again, she wasn’t bad either.
Weekly Comment Question:
Your question of the week is going to be: What do you think of the new weekly GM idea, and why?
Leave your answer in the comments section below, and don’t forget to come back next weekend for a new edition of the Weekly Rundown!