Sorry for the delay on these. I was out of the office on Thursday and have been playing catch-up. Backstage news from WWE Raw…
– There is some concern over Fandango and not for reasons one may think. We’re told WWE officials are satisfied with his work but he’s developed a bit of an ego backstage. However, we are told that officials continue to be impressed with his commitment to his character and feel he is in better shape each week.
– Chris Jericho has openly said one of the reasons he’s working as many dates as he can is because he wants to help “make” someone a star.
– We’re told one of the many reasons for the push of Curtis Axel is strong support from The Rock. Rock put him over backstage big time during his most recent run, saying he feels Axel has what it takes to be a major star. As previously noted, Rock trained one-on-one with Axel to help prepare for his matches.
– There are still plans to push Daniel Bryan following a program with Kane. I would assume the program is built off Team Hell No being unable to recapture the WWE Tag Team Championship but this has been talked about since the beginning of March, much like the title reign of The Shield.
– We didn’t hear anything new regarding Dolph Ziggler backstage at WWE Raw. He’s scheduled to be examined this week if he hasn’t been seen already.
– Randy Orton has discussed a heel turn with WWE officials for months but we are told there still isn’t a clear path to turn him.
– We can confirm there was a lack of support for Antonio Cesaro backstage with some feeling he came across as bland. We’re told it’s Vince McMahon that has toned him back but Triple H is still behind him and he’s working with what he’s given. My source feels he’s going to be OK in the long run.