- Below is the updated "special event" listing for WWE following next month's Extreme Rules on May 4, 2014. Please note they are no longer called pay-per-views but special events because of the evolution of the WWE Network:
Payback on Sunday, June 1, 2014 from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL
Money in the Bank on Sunday, June 29, 2014 from TD Garden in Boston, MA
Battleground on Sunday, July 20, 2014 from the Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, FL
SummerSlam on Sunday, August 17, 2014 from Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
Night of Champions on Sunday, September 21, 2014 from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN
Hell in a Cell on Sunday, October 26, 2014 from American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
Survivor Series on Sunday, November 23, 2014 from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO
TLC on Sunday, December 14, 2014 from Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH
We'll have complete coverage of all the shows here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- WWE hopes to have The Rock back for Wrestlemania 31 in Santa Clara, CA next year and have already penciled in a potential match for him against Brock Lesnar. There are a lot of things that can happen between now and then but this is a bout the company wanted to do this year before it was learned Rock would not be available.
Another match possibility for Rock outside of Wrestlemania is one against Sting. We're told both Rock and Sting want the match, however, it's...
- TMZ is reporting that The Ultimate Warrior died from a massive heart attack, according to the medical examiner that conducted the autopsy last week.
The official cause of death was determined to be "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease," which is more commonly known as heart disease. Neither drugs nor alcohol were directly involved.
Warrior clutched at his chest before collapsing while walking down a hallway with his wife Dana last Tuesday at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ. He was transported to a local hospital by Scottsdale firefighters and pronounced dead.
Ultimate Warrior's death happened less than 24 hours after appearing on last week's Monday Night Raw following his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame and appearing live at Wrestlemania 30. He is survived by his wife Dana and their two daughters.
- I've spoken with multiple DirecTV customer support representatives that have told me they have not dropped WWE pay-per-view events. I'm aware there are rumors to the contrary, however, as a customer, I've called [more than once] and been told they are still carrying them and will notify if there is any further update. Take that for what you will as Dish told me they would be carrying Elimination Chamber, which of course they did not. The difference here, however, is that I am a DirecTV customer.
- The following matches are set for next week's episode of Monday Night Raw in Baltimore, Maryland:
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan returns for a match against Kane
The semi-finals of the WWE Intercontinental Championship No. 1 Contender Tournament:
Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett
Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam
Make plans to join our Raw "Open Thread" next Monday beginning at 7:00 PM EDT right here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- One of the reasons Layla was paired with Fandango was because Summer Rae is off WWE television to film her role in the next Marine film. The Miz is also away for the film.
- Sting was featured on the WWE Network in a new Ultimate Warrior tribute that aired on Tuesday night. The piece was filmed recently and marks Sting's first appearance for the company.
The belief is Sting's signing with WWE is imminent if it hasn't happened already. There are plans for him to wrestle more than one match, with a run that could conclude at Wrestlemania 31 next year.
— Richard Gray (@wnwdotcom) April 16, 2014
- As we've previously reported on WrestlingNewsWorld.com, WWE has been interested in signing...
- Dot com posted an update on Darren Young on Thursday. The former member of The Prime Time Players tag team will miss 4-6 months after tearing his ACL in a match against Fandango at a WWE live event last weekend. Click here for coverage by dot com. Young suffered the injury last Saturday, shot down our report on Sunday but was unable to work through the injury with a torn ligament.
To continue reading this article you must be a WNW Premium Member. CLICK HERE to signup now for as low as $5.95/month! Also, take advantage of the coupon code VIDEO10 for 10% OFF!