- John Gaburick Tweeted on Saturday that James Storm has signed a new multi-year contract with TNA Wrestling. The Tweet is included below:
— John Gaburick (@JohnGaburick) April 12, 2014
- Samoa Joe Tweeted the following:
Not injured please don't make up news if you don't have actual facts.
— Samoa Joe (@SamoaJoe) April 11, 2014
The word that Joe was injured started when he was pulled from physical activity from TNA's live event loop a couple weeks ago. He was scheduled to work shows, however, a storyline was done where Rockstar Spud came out with a "doctor's note" and stated he was injured and for the referee to count him out.
He was scheduled to work last week's Impact Wrestling taping but was pulled from the announced 10-man Gauntlet Match.
Joe's contract with TNA Wrestling is up in December 2014 and he is commanding interest from Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling. Click here for the latest on that.
- The Tennessean ran a feature article on Jeff Jarrett's new Global Force Wrestling promotion. It's noted that Jarrett is still the largest shareholder of TNA Wrestling outside of Panda Energy (Editor's note: Jarrett owns 29% of TNA and Panda owns the other 71%). He doesn't feel the launch of a new promotion is a conflict of interest.
Click here to read the piece in its entirety.
Jarrett resigned from his position with TNA Wrestling last year in order to launch the new promotion. We plan on covering Global Force Wrestling from the start as you can bookmark GlobalForceNews.com for the latest.
- John Gaburick is in the process of announcing contract extensions on his Twitter account. After announcing the re-signing of James Storm over the weekend, he announced the re-signing of Gunner on Monday.
The following is from Twitter:
— John Gaburick (@JohnGaburick) April 15, 2014
Big has promised to announce more soon.
- There is a lot of turmoil in the creative department of TNA Wrestling right now.
It's no secret that "Big" John Gaburick has accumulated a lot of power since coming in. We're told this is because he was willing to do the job of several men for the salary of one man. He's currently got his hand in creative, production and talent relations.
According to a source, Dixie Carter was taking Big's word at every turn, even though he was suddenly in charge of area in which he had no pervious experience. We're told Dixie was becoming "quite hands off" and really trusted Gaburick.
However, there was an issue lately where Dixie feels she got really bad advice from...
- Dixie Carter has been pleased with the retooling of TNA Wrestling's Knockouts division. We're told she is happy with how the reunited Beautiful People have been received and she's been impressed with the newcomer Brittany.
As we've reported in the past, Christy Hemme was responsible for both of those moves and had really been gaining more and more influence behind the scenes.
With Dixie starting to question "Big" John Gaburick after...
- AJ Styles spoke with The Baltimore Sun and he didn't hold anything back. When asked about the state of TNA Wrestling, here's what he said:
You know, I really don't know. I know they've made a lot of cuts. That must mean they're not doing so well. Sting gone, Hogan gone, myself gone, and I'm sure we're going to see more cuts soon. From what I've heard and been told, it's been horribly mismanaged as a company. I don't know if they're going out of business. But they're definitely doing things that make people think they're going out of business. And I hope they don't. I hope TNA doesn't go out of business because I have a lot of good friends that work there and deserve to be in the national spotlight. My hope is that they never go out of business.
Styles talked about the independent scene being alive and well and put over Eric Young as TNA Champion.
He also preceded the above comment by saying that he had hoped to retire in TNA Wrestling .
Click here to read the article in its entirety.
To continue reading this article you must be a WNW Premium Member. CLICK HERE to signup now for as low as $5.95/month! Also, take advantage of the coupon code VIDEO10 for 10% OFF!