- We confirmed last week that Vince McMahon desired a "surprise" for this year's show, noting it wasn't expected to be anything major but something fans could say they didn't see coming. One of themes for this year's show is the 30-year history of the event and WWE has reached out to past legends about appearing.
- Speaking of which, there are still four spots open in the 30-man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. I was told Rob Van Dam was a possible surprise but to not expect much more. RVD's return is imminent and something that has been under negotiation for months.
- While I'd never advise you to bet on pro wrestling, the early favorites for the four main events are in. The following odds are based on comprehensive bets placed prior to this week's episode of Monday Night Raw, however, are accurate as of March 31, 2014:
Bray Wyatt (59.32%) over John Cena (40.68%)
Undertaker (79.38%) over Brock Lesnar (20.62%)
Daniel Bryan (66.67%) over Triple H (33.33%)
Daniel Bryan (50.32%) over for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship followed by Triple H (24.52%), Batista (15.48%) and Randy Orton (9.68%)
The percentage of bets placed are in parenthesis.
- Batista discussed his return to WWE in a new interview with The Chad Dukes Wrestling Show. In it, he said he left the company in 2010 for "very specific reasons" because his deal was too constrictive. He said there were certain guys getting opportunities he wasn't getting and he wasn't cool with that. Batista reaffirmed he always wanted to come back and he got to accomplish what he wanted to accomplish while away. Batista said he didn't demand a lot of money for limited WWE dates either. He agreed to come back and work live events as well as Smackdown. He also talked about being selective when choosing movie roles during his hiatus from pro wrestling. You can listen to the interview in its entirety at this link.
- Rapper Wale punched a fan in the face at this week's WWE Monday Night Raw at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., TMZ Sports is reporting. According to their report, Wale was sitting behind the announcers enjoying the show when a fan began taunting him. Wale retaliated by punching him in the face. Security and event staff rushed over and broke up the altercation. Neither was ejected from the building. Click here for coverage by TMZ Sports.
- One of the most-asked questions we receive from readers has to do with "Macho Man" Randy Savage being a WWE Hall of Fame snub. The Tampa Tribune took notice of the issue and published a detailed report about Savage being left out again this year. The new development is Savage's brother, Lanny Poffo, has softened his stance and says he no longer wishes for himself and their father to be inducted with Randy. However, he said he wouldn't attend the ceremony unless WWE called his mother and offered their condolences about Randy's passing. Poffo reiterated what he's said previously in that WWE called in 2012 about inducting his brother but Poffo said he'd only accept if the entire Poffo family was inducted. That was apparently enough to get WWE to back off, however, as noted, something Lanny would no longer require. Click here for coverage by TBO.com.
- Chris Jericho confirmed yet again in an interview with the Boston Herald that he will not be part of Wrestlemania 30 this year and it was his decision. He also spoke of CM Punk's departure, saying that he had enough of whatever it was and no one knows exactly why he left WWE. You can read the piece in its entirety at this link.
- Wale explained to MTV News what happened in the crowd at this week's episode of Monday Night Raw in Washington, D.C. Apparently a fan that was also in the building was antagonizing the rapper on Twitter. It didn't take long for Wale to find the culprit and confront them face-to-face.
"I was like, 'Yo, is this you?' And one thing lead to another, and I just kind of mushed him a little bit," the rapper explained, stressing that things didn't turn violent. "Honestly, if there wasn't kids right there, it would have went a little bit differently, but I just wanted to be conscious of them. It's not to say it was the right decision. But in the moment, you know."
You can read more comments at this link.
- Many have talked it and I've pushed back on it but I'm told scenarios have indeed been pitched for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match to become a Fatal 4-Way with both Daniel Bryan and Triple H being inserted. This isn't something I can confirm will make the final script but it's something creative is exploring and not just something being thrown around by fans. It's extremely obvious there is no interest in Batista vs. Randy Orton and given the increased interest in Hunter/Bryan, it makes sense why it's come up.
- Batista told The Washington Post he warned WWE management that he wouldn't be able to get over as a babyface. Below is an excerpt:
“They told me that I was going to come back and be this huge babyface,”
“I said, no, it’s not going to work,” he continues. “They said, no way, they’re dying for you to come back. I said, that’s going to last two minutes, just watch. And sure enough it did.”
Click here to read the article in its entirety.
Vince McMahon was "set" on Batista coming back a babyface, regardless of the success he had as a heel in the latter part of his WWE career in 2010. McMahon went to extraordinary efforts at Elimination Chamber to "right the ship" but when the fans didn't buy it, even after a cheap beating by Alberto Del Rio, Vince finally conceded and turned Batista heel.
To continue reading this article you must be a WNW Premium Member. CLICK HERE to signup now for as low as $5.95/month! Also, take advantage of the coupon code VIDEO10 for 10% OFF!