Hulk Hogan agreed with one of his followers on Twitter that taping at Universal Studios makes them come off as minute league. The Tweets are embedded below:
@HulkHogan You guys have really stepped up your game. Great job. Only problem is the small “arena”, comes off as minor league. Major turnoff
— Abdulla D AlShammari (@A_Al_Shammari) July 1, 2012
– Angelina Love posted the following on her Twitter account, indicating her release from TNA Wrestling:
To all my wonderful fans, just want to let you know I have been granted my release from TNA. It was completely amicable parting of ways and I want to thank TNA and all of its employees for the wonderful journey I’ve had there over the years. Now I’m on to the next amazing chapter of my life! If you are looking to book me please contact John at [email protected] Thank you so much!
– Hulk Hogan Tweeted specific followers on Twitter that it was not his decision to release Angelina Love. He wrote the decision came from the TNA office in Nashville. Love stated that her release from the company was amicable.
Just want to let you all know I asked for my release from TNA and they granted me my release. Wanted you all to hear it from me. Thanks all
— Shannon Moore (@TheShannonBrand) July 3, 2012
– Kenny King from Ring of Honor as well as Dakota Darsow, Lars Only and Flip Casanova are backstage at Impact Wrestling from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida and will be competing for a spot at Destination X on tonight’s show. King’s ROH contract is up and he participated in the pre-show workout with D-Lo Brown.
– TNA Wrestling issued the following press release after the announcement on this week’s Impact Wrestling:
TNA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES PHOENIX TO HOST “BOUND FOR GLORY” ON OCTOBER 14
IN HONOR OF ITS TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY, THE BIGGEST WEEKEND IN TNA HISTORY WILL ALSO FEATURE THE HALL OF FAME CELEBRATION AND POPULAR FAN INTERACTION EVENT, PRESENTED BY DIRECT AUTO INSURANCE
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING has announced that Phoenix will host the biggest night in TNA history. The “Bound For Glory” pay-per-view extravaganza will air to a world-wide audience on Sunday, October 14th. Tickets for the event will go on-sale Friday, August 24th.
“Bound For Glory,” presented by Direct Auto Insurance, will be held live at the Grand Canyon University Arena starting at 5pm local time with doors opening at 3:30pm MST.
The superstars of Spike’s “IMPACT WRESTLING” will headline “Bound For Glory,” including Hulk Hogan, current TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode, Sting, Jeff Hardy, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Austin Aries, Rob Van Dam, Mr. Anderson, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe, the lovely and lethal TNA Knockouts, the stars of the X-Division and many more. “Bound For Glory” will feature the winner of the “Bound For Glory Series” in the main event for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
Continuing the celebration of ten years of Total Nonstop Action, this will be the biggest weekend of the year for the superstars of IMPACT WRESTLING. The weekend will feature expanded activities in the Phoenix area, including a special “Bound For Glory Fan InterAction” and the inaugural annual TNA Hall of Fame induction. As announced at “Slammiversary” in June, the first-ever inductee is “The Icon” Sting.
“TNA Fan InterAction” gives fans a once in a lifetime chance to get up close and personal with their favorite TNA Superstars for pictures, autographs, special interview sessions and much more. “Bound For Glory Fan InterAction” will take place Saturday, October 13. For a full list of “IMPACT WRESTLING” superstars participating as well as ticket information visit: www.ShopTNA.com
Tickets for “Bound For Glory” go on sale Friday, August 24 (10am MST/ 1pm EDT) at the Grand Canyon University Arena box office, GCUArena.com or charge by phone at 602-639-8999.
“The appearance of ROH wrestler Kenny King on another television wrestling program tonight has raised speculation on his future as well as how this appearance could occur.
The contract Kenny King signed in June 2011 expired 11 days ago. Before that expiration, an agreement was reached between Kenny and ROH management for an extension of that contract, with a provision to allow him to negotiate with any other promotions so that he could evaluate his options and any potential interest in him elsewhere. When that short extension concluded he would then be free to accept an offer elsewhere, or sign another long term contract with ROH. Under this agreement, Kenny was free to negotiate but not to wrestle for another organization without ROH’s permission.When Kenny was presented with the written extension reflecting this verbal and handshake agreement, he informed ROH he was unsure if other promotions would accept the negotiation clause. He was told he could take the document to be examined by his attorney or other interested parties before executing it to be reassured any other offers would not be viewed as contract tampering. He also informed ROH that he would keep us apprised of any developments.He contacted ROH on Tuesday July 3 to inform us that he had a meeting in Orlando on Thursday, July 5, which was within the scope of the agreement he had made. Then, early morning on July 5, he contacted an ROH official to say he would be wrestling on the Orlando event that night. He was told he did not have permission to appear live on television as it violated the agreement that had been made. His response was that the deal he had shaken hands on and agreed to in principle “seemed fair at the time”, but “others” had told him it was not, so he did not intend to honor it.
Ring of Honor is disappointed that Kenny has chosen to make this decision, after the company had agreed to and followed through on everything he had asked for at the time of our negotiation. However, we consider this breach of his verbal agreement unacceptable, and regardless of his future employment status with any other wrestling company, ROH will not be doing business with Kenny King going forward.
A statement from ROH will be forthcoming regarding the future of the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Co-holder Rhett Titus remains on the active ROH roster.”
– As announced on this Impact Wrestling Post Show, Jeremy Borash will fill-in for Taz on commentary for Sunday’s Destination X pay-per-view.
– Dixie Carter wrote the following on Twitter:
Impressed by all the X division talents we saw. Those who didn’t advance are back at ppv in last chance fourway for 8th spot in tourney.
— Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) July 6, 2012
– TNA Bound For Glory 2012 will take place from the Grand Canyon University Arena in Phoenix, Arizona on October 14, 2012. Tickets will go on-sale Friday, August 24, 2012. You can read the official announcement of the location at this link.
– Bully Ray opened an official Twitter account at this link.
– The group that attacked Sting on Impact Wrestling a few weeks ago is now on Twitter, obviously as part of a storyline, at this link.
– Chris Sabin actually underwent surgery Friday to repair his torn ACL and had not had the operation done as previously reported. I apologize for the error as the injury angle on this week’s Impact Wrestling was done to write him off television. Sabin’s contract with TNA is set to come up while he is out rehabbing the injury.