- Albert Del Rio is suffering from concussion symptoms and was pulled from last night's Smackdown live event in Salisbury, Maryland. I have an exclusive update I will be posting shortly.
- R-Truth is indeed out with an injury believed to be to his foot which is why he has been replaced in tag team matches on the current overseas tour of the WWE Raw brand. For full house show results, click here.
- WWE has removed the profile of John Laurinaitis as Executive Vice President of Talent Relations from their corporate website. The last I heard he was still in a position of management but Triple H has been trying to push him out of his role, feeling he hasn't done a good job in the position. Hunter and Stephanie McMahon do not have a good relationship with Laurinaitis, however, Vince McMahon supports him and really likes his on-air character. I've heard for months it was likely that Laurinaitis could end up an on-air character only and it appears that his responsibilities have gone to Triple H.3:48 PM EDT Update - I can confirm that Hunter is now running talent relations in WWE which is a big step but one that was expected.
- John "Bradshaw" Layfield was on The Sam Roberts Show yesterday where he reveled he has a deal in place with WWE to appear on television. JBL noted neither he nor the company know exactly what he is going to do but it will be in-character. You can listen to the interview at this link.
- WWE has canceled the scheduled Raw live event on Friday, September 14, 2012 in Daytona Beach, Florida.
- WWE developmental worker Big E Langston was on the road with the Smackdown crew this weekend. You can view his developmental profile at this link.
Cody Rhodes wasn't impressed with dot com's article of "The 15 Greatest Families in WWE History" in which the Rhodes family is ranked #8. Rhodes had the following to say about the article that is online at this link:
The geniuses at WWE.com(the same geniuses that left Thunderbolt P off the greatest talkers list) have assembled a new list...
— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodesWWE) June 10, 2012
the top 15 wrestling families. As the least bias of my name, if you were basing these off of the bottomline, I could see number 5, maybe 6..
— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodesWWE) June 10, 2012
8 though?? You might be able to hear me laughing all the way from Turkey. I hope we're not paying these guys much.
— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodesWWE) June 10, 2012
Rhodes is currently in Turkey doing promotional work for WWE.
- The schedule was released today for Rockstar Uproar 2012, a summer music festival, that will feature Chris Jericho and his band Fozzy. Fozzy isn't scheduled to play August 19th (the night of SummerSlam) and there are no tour dates on Monday's. Jericho is advertised by WWE to appear at SummerSlam but is also expected to take time off to tour with his band. You can view the schedule of dates for the music festival at this link.
- I'm told Vince McMahon has been "flipping out" over the injury to Alberto Del Rio. While it's not Del Rio's fault he got a concussion, Vince is in panic mode trying to find a replacement for the World Heavyweight Championship match at No Way Out. McMahon has been pushing the writing team to come up with a suitable replacement for a back-up plan. While a replacement for Del Rio has yet to be named, or even confirmed given the fact he's expected to be reevaluated today, there are three names currently being talked about. The three names are Dolph Ziggler, Kane and Ryback. Kane replaced Del Rio in recent live event matches and while creative would be forced to forget about his involvement in CM Punk/Daniel Bryan and drop him from the triple-threat match for the WWE Championship, he does provide them with a reliable option. Ziggler, who has been pushing for a big singles run, seems to be a likely candidate but some doubt Vince will go with it and make a decision to rush Ryback into the role. This of course would carry a huge risk as there are plans to ease Ryback into Smackdown's main event scene.
- WWE has announced that Alberto Del Rio will miss No Way Out this Sunday due to a concussion. A new number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship will be announced on tonight's three-hour episode of Raw Supershow.
- Dolph Ziggler won a Fatal 4-Way elimination match on tonight's Raw Supershow, beating Christian, Jack Swagger and The Great Khali to become the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. Ziggler will replace Alberto Del Rio at No Way Out where he will face Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship. Del Rio was pulled from the match after suffering a concussion at last week's Smackdown taping.
- Brodus Clay will face David Otunga in the WWE No Way Out pre-show match that will be broadcast on WWE's YouTube channel and streamed live here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com. The pre-show begins at 7:30 PM EDT. Make sure you join us for exclusive live play-by-play coverage.
- For those that missed Vince McMahon's "go hire the one legged wrestler" joke to John Laurinaitis during the opening segment of tonight's Raw Supershow, here's the backstory. Several years ago, Vince told Laurinaitis to sign the popular one-legged wrestler Zach Gowen who was 19, working out of Livonia, Michigan. Somehow the signals were crossed and Laurinaitis offered a contract to a 37-year-old working out of Florida. When Gowen arrived in Stamford, Connecticut to meet with company officials, Laurinaitis asked him who he was. Tom Prichard had already sent Gowen his contract and airplane tickets so Zach introduced himself. John asked him why he was there when Vince interrupted and said that's the 19-year-old one legged wrestler I asked you to sign. Just as John was trying to explain his mistake, Vince let him know he was aware and called him an idiot for trying to ink a wrestler in their late 30s.
- WWE announced on tonight's Raw Supershow that Triple H will appear at No Way Out for the first time after being "served a lawsuit" by Brock Lesnar. It was promoted that he will address his future and Lesnar in the appearance.
- Leon "Vader" White worked a match against Heath Slater on tonight's Raw Supershow. Vader went over Slater in the match. White was brought in as a name from the past to celebrate the lead-in to the 1000th episode of Raw. Bringing in past names is going to be a reoccurring theme until the 1000th episode on July 23, 2012.
- The stipulation to Big Show vs. John Cena in a steel cage match at Sunday's WWE No Way Out pay-per-view is that if Show doesn't win, John Laurinaitis will be "fired" by Vince McMahon.
- The storyline "injury" update on Vince McMahon is that he is suffering from "concussion-like" symptoms after eating the Big Show knockout punch to conclude last night's Raw Supershow. Dot com is teasing McMahon won't be at WWE No Way Out. For those that have asked, the "X" signal thrown up by the referee was a work.
- The workers that put Ryback over on last night's Raw Supershow were Mikaze and Scotty Slade from Chaotic Wrestling out of Lowell, Massachusetts.
- John "Bradshaw" Layfield was at WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut on Monday and chronicled the visit on Facebook. JBL wrote the following:
A trip back to WWE headquarters, was like going home! Michael Hayes I have worked with since I started in Texas in wrestling. He was one of the first 'over' guys I had ever seen, and 'over' doesn't do it justice-the Freebirds sold out whatever their name was on, unreal legends. Michael and I have been friends this whole time, so happy to see him. And, yes, that suit is his normal daily wear. Love him. Did hours of TV today for future shows, mainly stuff for Seven Sumits but also some specials/DVD type stuff. For those asking, if I am alive and make this mountain-yes, I would expect to be on WWE TV, but there are NO plans by me or them. It was all focused on this mountain and the tech I need to transmit pics and videos back for the social pages. I do expect to be on WWE TV in the future but no idea the role and they don't know either. Maybe it is just a cameo or a spot to promote the Seven Summits for Kids-who knows? I know I have a huge mountain waiting on me in Russia that 15-30 people a year die on according to Wikipedia, so my focus is on me getting my old self up and down this mountain and raising money for the kids I work with. Then we will see about WWE and they will have a chance to see what they want me to do.
You can also check out three photos he posted at this link.
- Raymond Rafool, who is representing Liz Cena in her divorce from John Cena, spoke to Lawyers.com about the preliminary issues surrounding the case. Below is an excerpt:
“In this case, it appears the preliminary issues will be the interpretation of the prenuptial agreement, the application to the parties’ property, assets and income, whether the agreement itself is enforceable or not, which we always consider, and in the mean time addressing the temporary needs of our client in conjunction with and in spite of certain terms of the premarital agreement,”
It's noted the prenuptial agreement was signed 16 days before the couple wed. For more, click here.
- Eve Torres explained her absence from Raw Supershow in the following Twitter update:
I know you all have missed me on Raw, but rest assured I'm handling some very important business. That's what business women do.
— Eve Torres (@EveMarieTorres) June 12, 2012
- Leon "Vader" White, who was over like rover on Monday's Raw Supershow, wrote the following on Twitter following his match against Heath Slater:
Wow what a fantastic night. I want to thank the @WWE from the bottom of my heart. I also want to thank all the fans for the love & Support.
— Big Van Vader (@itsvadertime) June 12, 2012
- After this week's Smackdown taping ended, John Cena b. Big Show & David Otunga in a dark match main event. The finish saw Cena duck the WMD and send Show to the outside before pining Otunga for the win.
- It was announced at tonight's Smackdown taping that if John Cena loses to Big Show at No Way Out on Sunday, he'll be "fired" from WWE. Remember the stipulation announced on Raw Supershow was that if Big Show lost, John Laurinaitis would be "fired." Therefore, either Cena or Laurinaitis will be "fired" based on the outcome of Big Show vs. Cena at No Way Out on Sunday.
- Evan Bourne posted the following on Twitter about his injury foot:
More xrays taken today!My bones look good in the right light.Physical therapy starts next week....finally!
— airbourne(@findevan) June 12, 2012
Bourne, who was scheduled to come back from a 60-day suspension in March, was in a car accident on March 19, 2012 where he suffered a mid foot fracture. The injury is believed to be career-threatening.
- Benicio Salazar, Jiro and Sonny Elliot have been released from their WWE developmental contracts. Their official profiles have been removed from the Florida Championship Wrestling website.
- Add Eli Cottonwood's name to the recent WWE developmental releases. Cottonwood is known for his time on WWE NXT and requested his release from the company.
- WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt sent the following letter to TNA's attorney Erika Blonquist and was filed in court last week:
"First, and as I advised you orally on the phone during our recent conference call, WWE has not solicited Ric Flair to leave TNA and enter into a contract with WWE. WWE has made no offer to Flair and has no intention of doing so.
Second, as I also advised you, WWE has not solicited any other current TNA talent to repudiate their contracts and enter into a contract with WWE. WWE has no interest in current TNA talent."
While no formal offer has been extended, Flair has been trying to get out of his TNA deal to return to WWE.
- WWE is in overdrive right now with misdirection in trying to get over the idea that they and Brock Lesnar could legitimately be on the outs. WWE planted a story about Vince McMahon "being livid" about Brock meeting with Dana White at UFC 146 last month. As we've reported multiple times on WrestlingNewsWorld.com Premium, WWE officials were not only aware of the meeting but were believed to have orchestrated it in order to get the news of a possible Lesnar return to UFC out there. The current plan for SummerSlam is still to do Triple H (representing Vince McMahon) vs. Brock Lesnar (representing John Laurinaitis). Any stories about Brock not having permission from WWE to go to the UFC pay-per-view or that Vince was considering firing him over meeting with Dana White, are completely false. I'm told it's a classic case of the office working the dirt sheets.
- WWE Divas Champion Layla, who used to be a Miami Heat cheerleader, talks the NBA Finals over on dot com. ESPN also linked to the article. Below is an excerpt:
WWE.com: When you were with the Heat, who was your favorite player?
LAYLA: Shaq was my favorite because of his personality. He brought so much attention to Miami, and he promised a ring and a championship to the Miami Heat. And he did just that.
Click here to read the article in its entirety.
- Today's episode of WWE NXT: Redemption is the final episode after sixty-seven weeks. While Vince McMahon has maintained a domestic television deal is in place for NXT, it's unknown when/if the show will be broadcast on television in the United States. We posted the final episode earlier this evening at this link.
- WWE United States Champion Santino Marella vs. Ricardo Rodriguez in a non-title Tuxedo Match has been added to Sunday's WWE No Way Out pay-per-view. We'll have exclusive live play-by-play coverage here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- WWE will tape another set of WWE NXT Season 6 tonight from the campus of Full Sail University. WWE stars advertised for the taping include World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus, Sin Cara, Hunico and Camacho. Jim Ross will be on commentary.
- WWE has announced a Supershow live event from the Entertainment Center at the Four States Fairgrounds in Texarkana, Arkansas on Sunday, August 12th, 2012.
- Triple H reached out to Batista last weekend as WWE is still trying to bring him back. I'm told one of the reasons Hunter made the phone call is Vince McMahon blew a gasket over the lack of top talent. As of this writing a deal has not been worked out but my source is optimistic a deal could get done given Hunter's real-life friendship with Batista and the fact the company needs more top names. These, of course, issues that could make for favorable conditions in a contract that could entice Batista to sign.
- I'm told WWE Champion CM Punk has been a very big critic of Randy Orton given his latest suspension for violating the WWE Wellness Policy. Punk is reportedly against the company bringing Orton back given his multiple drug test failures that make him undependable.
- Speaking of Randy Orton, his stock continues to plummet and his backstage heat has not died down at all.
- Members of the WWE creative team were upset about the stipulation that if John Cena loses to Big Show at No Way Out on Sunday he'll be "fired" because they "won't be able" to book Raw Supershow until Sunday as the finish will be under wraps. While it's common knowledge Cena won't be fired and the ultimate plan is for John Laurinaitis to have an on-air role, I'm told the stipulation just put more pressure on an already exhausted writing team.
- Wrestling News World reader Fernando sent word that WWE has added Road Dogg's profile to the Alumni section of dot com. Road Dogg currently works backstage as a producer for the company.
- WWEEuroShop.com is shutting down on August 1, 2012 and all order will be fulfilled by WWEShop.com.
- TMZ has a new update on original WWE Tough Enough winner Maven Huffman. The publication reports that after 50 days in a rehab facility, Maven has never felt better and credits WWE for saving his life.
"I owe the WWE my life for helping me through this situation." Maven told the publication
Maven was arrested in April for "doctor shopping" for trying to obtain painkillers. When WWE learned of the arrest, they offered to pay for him to go to rehab in which he accepted.
Click here for coverage by TMZ.
- WWE has announced that singer Cyndi Lauper will guest star on next week's episode of Raw Supershow. The Grammy Award-winning artist appeared as the manager of Wendi Richter at the inaugural Wrestlemania. Dot com posted classic moments of Lauper in WWE at this link.
- The infamous Trish Stratus/Mr. McMahon angle from back in the Attitude Era where McMahon "ordered" her to strip and get down on her hands and news and bark like a dog was brought up in Thursday night's Republican Senate debate. Linda McMahon's opponent Chris Shays, weighed in: “I think when you force a woman to take off all her clothes in an arena, and get down on the ground and bark like a dog, I think that’s assault on women,” said Shays. Click here for more.
- The Miz is currently filming "The Marine: Homefront" and Tweeted early this morning about the experience. Wrestling News World reader Logan Walker sent in the following from Miz's official Twitter account:
— The Miz (@mikethemiz) June 15, 2012