– Some people have been confused why TNA would want Crimson referencing Goldberg given the very small chance Goldberg would actually come to the company to work. However, I’m told TNA is actually in talks with Goldberg yet again. As for the seriousness of the negotiations, it’s believed Bill is the “most serious” he’s been at any time TNA has contacted him previously and he realizes if he is ever going to do it, his window is starting to close. The two sides are still “very far apart on money” but the gap is believed to be smaller than it has been in the past as Bill’s asking price has come down. If a deal did get done, Goldberg’s contract would be for a very limited number of dates. One source believes it would be two dozen appearances max, maybe a little less. I’m told if a deal were to get done, TNA would be looking for him to come in around October and it would be for a year. While things look better than they have in the past, my source said they would be “very surprised” if a deal actually got done although it’s worth noting talks are taking place.
– TNA Wrestling terminated the contract of Ric Flair on May 11, 2012 according to court documents filed as part of the company’s ongoing litigation against WWE. As we’ve reported many times here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com, Flair is trying to return to WWE.
– The City Paper out of Nashville, Tennessee is reporting that TNA Wrestling filed a verified complaint on Monday in Chancery Court against Scott Steiner. The complaint asks a judge for an injunction to stop Steiner’s “disparaging remarks” on Twitter. TNA claims Steiner’s comments, made on Twitter.com/ScottSteiner, violate a contract he signed in December 2010 where he is forbidden from making public statements, including Tweets, without prior approval. The report confirms TNA sent a letter to Steiner on May 15th, demanding he stop the remarks. Not only has Steiner not stopped but he’s called Hulk Hogan’s daughter, Brooke, a “whore” since the letter. The paper reports TNA paid Steiner $2500 per pay-per-view appearance during his time with the company.
– Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe and Magnus are booked for Pro Wrestling NOAH’s show from Sumo Hall in Tokyo, Japan on July 22nd. Joe and Magnus are scheduled to tag together against Akitoshi Saito & Jun Akiyama for the Pro Wrestling NOAH Global Honored Crown Tag Team Titles. Daniels will challenge for the NOAH Global Honored Crown Junior Heavyweight Title against Yoshinobu Kanemaru.
– Wrestling News World Orlando correspondent Scott Brooks sent word that former WWE star Luke Gallows worked a dark match as Isaiah Cash against Kazarian at tonight’s Impact Wrestling taping.
– TNA Destination X will be headlined by TNA Champion Bobby Roode defending against Austin Aries. Per the stipulation set on this week’s Impact Wrestling, any X Division Champion holding the belt going into Destination X can relinquish the title in favor of a TNA Championship shot.
– Next week’s Impact Wrestling will be headlined by TNA Tag Team Champions Kurt Angle & AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels & Kazarian.
– “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero is featured as one of Bane’s henchmen in the upcoming movie The Dark Knight Rises.