- Brooke Hogan has been added to the Roster page on the official TNA website. You can view her profile at this link.
- Speaking of Brooke Hogan, Hulk Hogan took to Twitter to address a fan that criticized him for the planned Knockout segment being cut from Thursday's live Impact Wrestling:
@JamesGang4L75 sorry u feel that way but Dixie has a whole battle plan laid out for Mickie HH
— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) June 1, 2012
- The UK Sun and Mirror.co.uk have new articles online featuring quotes from TNA Champion Bobby Roode. Below is an excerpt each article:
ON THE ACCUSATION OF ‘CHEAP’ FINISHES TO HIS TITLE MATCHES: “I don’t write the shows, I just go out and perform.
"But obviously something’s being done right because from a wrestling standpoint I’m meant to be hated. If people hate me I’m doing a good job.
“I don’t think it devalues the world title at all. I think it’s intriguing, it makes people want to watch and see me get beat. Every time I win it p****s them off even more.”
Click here to read the article by The UK Sun.
"Obviously, I'm not the man who pays the bills; I'm not the wallet, so to speak, But in order for us to take that one step further I think it's a necessity for us to step away from Orlando and do our television tapings elsewhere in the country."
Click here to read the article by Mirror.co.uk.
- TNA issued the following press release in regards to the launch of their official Hall of Fame:
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING ANNOUNCES “TNA HALL OF FAME” WITH FIRST INDUCTEE TO BE ANNOUNCED AT “SLAMMIVERSARY” ON JUNE 10
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING announced the beginning of a “TNA Hall of Fame” with the first inductee to be announced at this year’s 10th Anniversary celebration, “Slammiversary” in Arlington, Texas.
TNA President Dixie Carter announced the news as part of the first live IMPACT WRESTLING event of the summer from Universal Studios.
This is TNA’s chance to recognize the great contributions of the people who gave so much to make this 10-year anniversary possible.
“This 10 year milestone is an incredible achievement for TNA,” stated TNA President Dixie Carter. “In honor of that, we felt it was time to begin recognizing the contributions of those who have made the greatest impact on our success."
TNA Wrestling was founded in Nashville in the summer of 2002 and this June marks the 10th year anniversary. The internationally televised “Slammiversary” pay-per-view event will be one of the biggest nights in TNA’s history.
The annual live, anniversary pay-per-view extravaganza is scheduled for Sunday night, June 10, at The College Park Center in Arlington. Limited tickets for “Slammiversary” are still available at UTACollegePark.com and The College Park Arena box office.
- TNA Champion Bobby Roode and Brooke Hogan are at tonight's MTV Movie Awards. Celebrity-blogger Perez Hilton posted a photo of Brooke on the red carpet and posted a photo that you can view at this link.
- TNA is officially advertising Matt Morgan for next weekend's live events in Texas. Their official website lists him in matches against Crimson on June 14th in Belton and June 16th in Houston.
- A temporary injunction hearing has been set for July 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM after today's status conference in Davidson County Chancery Court in regards to TNA's contract tampering lawsuit filed against WWE and former office employee Brian Wittenstein. Until then, WWE and Wittenstein must continue to comply with the temporary restraining order issued on May 24th that they will not destroy the confidential information TNA is claiming was obtained.
Dixie Carter posted the following on her official Twitter account:
On a plane headed to Dallas for the big PPV this weekend. Very excited @Christian4Peeps is joinin us for the night. He's one of my favorites
— Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) June 8, 2012
TNA Slammiversary 2012 will take place Sunday, June 10, 2012 from the College Park Center in Arlington, Texas on the University of Texas at Arlington campus. WrestlingNewsWorld.com will have full coverage of the event.
- Don West has been hired by the Wenatchee Wild minor league hockey team as their Director of Sales and Marketing. The Columbia Basin Herald, who covers the team out of Washington, posted an article on his hire with a quote from West:
"I fell in love with the area," said West, who majored in Sports Broadcasting at Purdue University. "I've been to Wenatchee for a couple shows and literally just fell in love with the place. When the opportunity came up to join the Wild, I knew it was exactly what I've been looking for."
Click here to read the article in its entirety.
West, who has been employed by TNA Wrestling since the company's inception in 2002, gave notice he was leaving last month.
- TNA Wrestling issued the following press release:
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING is proud to announce a long-term contract with the All Sports Network (ASN), bringing superstars including Hulk Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle and Bobby Roode to TV screens across South-East Asia from Monday June 11.
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING becomes the ONLY wrestling programming broadcast in Hong Kong, and will also be available to fans in Cambodia, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam exclusively on ASN.
The show will air every Friday at 11.30pm (Hong Kong) with replays on Sunday and Thursday. TNA's monthly PPV events will go out LIVE on Mondays at 08:00am (Hong Kong) being repeated later that evening, as well as the following Thursday and Saturday.
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING will be broadcast as part of the ASN Ringside option, in high definition, starting with the huge TNA Slammiversary X event at 08:00am on Monday June 11.
TNA President Dixie Carter said: “Everyone involved with TNA IMPACT WRESTLING is delighted to be returning to screens in South-East Asia. Partnering with such a prestigious network as ASN is another huge milestone, as we celebrate 10 years of success.
“I get lots of Tweets and emails from our fans in Hong Kong, and all around South-East Asia, so I’m delighted they can now watch TNA every week exclusively on ASN Ringside – starting with our 10th anniversary event.”
Thomas Kressner, CEO of ASN, added: “We are excited to have TNA on ASN Ringside, our unique time slot which brings viewers the world's top fighting events.
"We believe that this partnership is a fantastic one. It represents ASN Ringside's ambition in creating a space filled by professional athletes, fabulous fights and awesome action.”
ASN, which launched in 2009, is the first 24-hour Pan Asian HD sports channel covering some of the world’s biggest sporting brands.
It features National Football League (NFL), National Hockey League (NHL), Australian Football League (AFL), National Lacrosse League (NLL), NCAA, NASCAR and many more. Find out more about the channel at www.asn.tv.