- Dixie Carter touched on a myriad of topics in a new Q&A published by Channel Guide Magazine.
One area of particular interest, Carter discussed TNA broadening their demographic as Spike TV looks to attract more female and viewers. She talked about the company targeting a very solid male 18-49 audience for 9 years but the new storylines are broader to target a female demographic and a family demographic. Below is an excerpt from the piece:
So, we’re shifting our focus a little bit. Our storylines are becoming a little bit broader, appealing to more of a female demographic and a family demographic than they may have before. We just started that probably three, four months ago and the numbers are already rising. I think our storylines are trying to appeal to that new group and I’m really excited that it’s working.
Dixie admitted she was concerned about becoming a television character but she is becoming more comfortable with it as time goes by.
You can read the entire piece at this link.
- TNA Wrestling switched their tag titles at Sunday's live event in Morgantown, West Virginia as Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, known collectively as The Wolves, beat Robbie E & Jessie Godderz, known collectively as The BroMans. The tagline on an official release is that "anything can happen at a TNA Wrestling Live Event." The company has promised #Impact365 footage later. There is a photo of The Wolves with the belts at this link.
- Samoa Joe's contract with TNA Wrestling expires in December 2014. We're told the new Jeff Jarrett/Toby Keith group has interest in him. There's been talk in TNA that they need to keep Joe happy as he's "made it very well known" that he doesn't plan to re-sign if he's not used in a more prominent role. The feeling within the company is guys like Joe could end up having a viable alternative if the Jarrett project works out. Samoa Joe will challenge Magnus for the TNA Championship at Lockdown on March 9, 2014 in Miami, Florida.
- This week's episode of Impact Wrestling did an average viewing audience of 1,060,000 viewers on Spike TV. The show was not listed in the top 100 cable ratings for adults 25-54 for the day. The numbers were of increased interest as the first hour was up against NXT ArRIVAL on the WWE Network. Viewership data for WWE Network is not available, however, it's safe to assume that it did impact TNA's audience. Impact ended up doing a 0.94 cable rating.
- We made some notes earlier from Dixie Carter's Q&A on TNA's Second Screen appearance during the airing of this week's Impact Wrestling at this link. ImpactWrestling.com has the complete transcript at this link.
- Gail Kim is featured in the March/April issue of Muscle and Fitness Hers. You can check out the feature at this link.
- Kurt Angle and Velvet Sky will represent TNA Wrestling at the Arnold Classic Sports Festival in Columbus, OH this weekend.
To continue reading this article you must be a WNW Premium Member. CLICK HERE to signup now for as low as $5.95/month! Also, take advantage of the coupon code VIDEO10 for 10% OFF!